SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    25acp Question for Parabellum and the rest of the crew
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

25acp Question for Parabellum and the rest of the crew Login/Join 
posted
Para I have read some of your past posts about the 25acp.
Do you have a preferred choice of carry ammo?
I'm getting ready to purchase a baby Browning.

Posts: 247 | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leaveraction jackson:
Para I have read some of your past posts about the 25acp.
Do you have a preferred choice of carry ammo?
I'm getting ready to purchase a baby Browning.

You can't go wrong with any of the FMJ Euro brands like Sellier & Bellot or Fiocchi, same thing applies to the .32 ACP

Posts: 33792 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speer has a 35gr XTP hollow point, but I just stick to what I know will work in mine and that is any decent 50gr FMJ. I have Federal American Eagle now but wouldn't hesitate to use the S&B, Fiocchi, Magtech, or Aguila.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fiocchi fmj

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/3630095024/p/1

In the .25 ACP, hollowpoints are a waste of money and do not offer adequate penetration. If you want to custom load Speer Gold Dots, you might be able to work up an effective hollowpoint load. Take a look at the link. Otherwise, fmj is the only way to go in .25 ACP.

Posts: 107555 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
You'll like the Browning. I found one a few years ago and it was a sweet little gun. More than what I'd hoped for the asking price (it was part of a package deal with lots of 'fluff') but they also had a clone from Bauer. It is all stainless at half the price of the Browning. I feed mine Fiocchi and it hasn't had any issues since day one.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
You'll like the Browning. I found one a few years ago and it was a sweet little gun. More than what I'd hoped for the asking price (it was part of a package deal with lots of 'fluff') but they also had a clone from Bauer. It is all stainless at half the price of the Browning. I feed mine Fiocchi and it hasn't had any issues since day one.

Bauer's are nice pieces,

my Mother handed me one about a year ago,
my Dad had given it to her many many years ago, and she felt that she did not need it any longer, so she passed it to me

great little pistols

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago, I used a 25 ACP load that had a tiny steel ball mounted in the nose of the bullet that aided in feeding and expansion. Cant recall who made it or if it is still in production.
Hornady makes a 25 load with the XTP bullet.
And I would guess there is little performance difference between FMJ and HP in the 25.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fiocchi FMJ works well in my 25 year old 950BS.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys

Posts: 247 | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
Stick with what works.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I forget what I have been using, but I want to say it's just Remington-UMC FMJ. I have been meaning to order some of the Fiocchi FMJ that Para linked previously.

My Baby Browning is in my back pocket as I type this. Great little pistol, you'll love it.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Years ago, I used a 25 ACP load that had a tiny steel ball mounted in the nose of the bullet that aided in feeding and expansion

Wasn't that from CorBon?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
CORBON has used a polymer tip ("ball") embedded in the end of their projectiles. I don't remember them using metal (?).

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Years ago, I used a 25 ACP load that had a tiny steel ball mounted in the nose of the bullet that aided in feeding and expansion. Cant recall who made it or if it is still in production.
Winchester

The pellet was intended to enhance feed reliability, not terminal performance.

Posts: 107555 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've read where one should consider .25 to be pretty much like .22, except with the reliability of a centerfire cartridge. I recall buying a Seecamp 25 like 3-decages ago, for the princely sum of, IIRC, $90. That's one of the few I regret selling over the years.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Fiocchi FMJ works well in my 25 year old 950BS.
Lets near it for the Jet Fire! One of the first pistols I ever shot. Memories...

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post