SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    One Photo that describes the P365
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One Photo that describes the P365 Login/Join 
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Whew! That ten shots is a very fine comparison.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rodfac:
This about says it all for me...it's group size in a truly compact carry piece. The red dot is 1.5" and that's 10 rounds. Rod

Wow, 10 shots and you barely nicked the target once? Send it back!

:-)

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got Sig ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel honored to be present at the unveiling of the moo-moo torture test. Undoubtedly our SF members will milk it for all it's worth. Razz

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
I feel honored to be present at the unveiling of the moo-moo torture test. Undoubtedly our SF members will milk it for all it's worth. Razz

Probably, but that's the way the cookie crumbles man.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The P365 stayed crispy in milk. Only use whole milk on the P365. Not 2% like the Nazis, 1% like the Communists, or skim like sociopaths. Wink

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
nice gun,
something else in the picture would help some of us regarding size reference.

a dollar bill or a ruler or even an oreo

haha
Are those single or double stuffs for reference.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Regular stuff, Don't they call it "stuf" or something silly? That's too much "creme" I think it throws off the balance. I think the cookies are the same size in those. The peanut butter ones are my favorite, the mint ones are vert good. Then we have the originals. I can't say any of the other flavors grab me.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Hows it compare to a Glock 43?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Well, because of dumb laws here, I can't compare myself. All I have are several G17s, and a G20.

Arc.

Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

There is no comparison. The P365 has a much better trigger, has excellent sights, is equally reliable, and holds more ammunition. It also has an accessory rail, and front cocking serrations if that is of interest to you. Glock doesn't have anything that directly competes with the P365.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deputy 617:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

There is no comparison. The P365 has a much better trigger, has excellent sights, is equally reliable, and holds more ammunition. It also has an accessory rail, and front cocking serrations if that is of interest to you. Glock doesn't have anything that directly competes with the P365.

Thanks for all that ... but I was wanting to know how it compares in size. Like in the pic with 365 on top of the P7 or side by side with scale ... I don't anticipate using sights on a carry gun, and with adrenaline pumping I don't think a trigger that's a pound or so heavier will matter ... higher capacity is a plus tho.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I finally at least handled one last night at the gun store.
Not sure why I have been so stubborn about plastic, striker guns.
Then after I got home it really sunk in what the appeal is.

I can certainly "understand the appeal." And maybe it is just 58 year old "old fart...." but... whether it is a Glock, or a S&W or a SIG... I just don't like using a striker fired gun for my personal CCW. In a perfect world, one carried one's CCW in a proper holster, puts it on, carries it all day, takes it off at the end of the day. But one day out of 500, I end up drawing the gun out of the holster for some non-emergency reason... and now I need to re-holster. And unless I can very clearly see the mouth of my holster... it really ups my pucker factor to be shoving a loaded handgun into a holster and hoping the Murphy gods don't show up and somehow/someway snag that trigger as it goes in. If I have to re-holster my carry gun, I always put my thumb over the hammer as I push. If that hammer doesn't start moving backwards, I'm good.

I know, I know, proper technique, proper holsters, yada, yada, yada... we all have our little gun handling ticks that are sort of a mental checklist. Mine involves an auto with a hammer. I love shooting the striker guns but I don't see myself ever actually carrying one as a CCW. The only "non-hammer" auto I ever carry is the one in the opening photo... the P7. I'm never worried about that one.

"Hope" is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -

Posts: 687 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Find a P365 like mine, with the manual safety, and give it a feel. It will reveal that the appeal is real.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I am also really intrigued with these little guns. I usually carry a LCP, as it is a small little gun to throw in the waistband of my shorts and carries nicely. The P365 is only a bit larger but has more capacity and a larger caliber. I am waiting for a holster I ordered to come in and the LCP will be used seldomly.
If you're not happy with the holster you ordered, I use a Mitch Rosen holster I bought from the Sig store for belt carry, or a Tagua SOFT-355 I bought for my Glock 43 for inside the waistband. I'm happy using either with my 365.

Posts: 33 | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hawkins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tulsamal:
quote:
I finally at least handled one last night at the gun store.
Not sure why I have been so stubborn about plastic, striker guns.
Then after I got home it really sunk in what the appeal is.

I can certainly "understand the appeal." And maybe it is just 58 year old "old fart...." but... whether it is a Glock, or a S&W or a SIG... I just don't like using a striker fired gun for my personal CCW. In a perfect world, one carried one's CCW in a proper holster, puts it on, carries it all day, takes it off at the end of the day. But one day out of 500, I end up drawing the gun out of the holster for some non-emergency reason... and now I need to re-holster. And unless I can very clearly see the mouth of my holster... it really ups my pucker factor to be shoving a loaded handgun into a holster and hoping the Murphy gods don't show up and somehow/someway snag that trigger as it goes in. If I have to re-holster my carry gun, I always put my thumb over the hammer as I push. If that hammer doesn't start moving backwards, I'm good.

I know, I know, proper technique, proper holsters, yada, yada, yada... we all have our little gun handling ticks that are sort of a mental checklist. Mine involves an auto with a hammer. I love shooting the striker guns but I don't see myself ever actually carrying one as a CCW. The only "non-hammer" auto I ever carry is the one in the opening photo... the P7. I'm never worried about that one.

Can I recommend a Springfield XD or similar? I do the same with my hammer-fired pistols but I don't carry them much anymore. The XDs, much like a 1911, have a grip safety. I find that when I reholster, I can do a very similar hand position to what you describe, and my palm is now off the safety. I think reholstering those things is a little more "snag-resistant" than a Glock or 365.

That said, I'm on the verge of getting a 365 because reasons.

--------------
July NoVA Sigshoot: Shooter's Paradise; 0900 (9AM) 23July05

My Signature is almost a decade out of date!

Posts: 4686 | Location: VA | Registered: April 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More than one photo of the same idea. Its why the P365 is my EDC.

Posts: 230 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Is that a picture you took? Very cool. I just donated a milt sparks for an HK p7 to a forum member because with the the 365 I think I have found the perfect carry gun. Did I mention how cool that pic is?

I'm also a fan of the manual safety.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
The P365 stayed crispy in milk. Only use whole milk on the P365. Not 2% like the Nazis, 1% like the Communists, or skim like sociopaths. Wink

When only the best will do, there's NO Compromise! American Patriots count on the P365....4% milk, 100% protection! Got SIG? Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WCCPHD:
More than one photo of the same idea. Its why the P365 is my EDC.

Brother, you've got my fave snubby. Why can't they make these new.

Arc.