SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which 10mm? I can't decide..
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which 10mm? I can't decide.. Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'd rank the G20 first choice.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 20, I have 3 of them. Right now my favorite is a gen4 with a Kkm barrel. I live in Alaska and carry this gun most days when I’m out and about if I’m walking the dogs, chopping wood, going on a hike etc.

In my opinion, a g20 in a gunfighters inc kenai chest holster is perfection.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
I have about 1200 to spend on it, I figure I’d spend about a grand on a Glock after a new barrel and sights/trigger etc. so why not get something sexy, but I really wish I could find a range where I could shoot all 3 but that’s never gonna happen lol

I have 3 g20s but right now, the one I’m using the most is a gen4, I got it at sportsman’s for 585.00, I got 3 extra magazines so that added ~ 75bucks. My Kkm barrel was 165 and it’s a huge upgrade over the alpha wolf barrel I tried before it.

I do have a trigger from glock triggers but it’s in another g20, I’m still not convinced that for a woods gun I need or even want an aftermarket trigger. Trijicon nightsights were about 125.00 on this gun.

Add in 500 rounds of blazer aluminum to break the gun in and get some practice and some underwood 220g hardcasts and you’d be under you’re budget.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I’m with Newmexican on this one!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
Glock 20, I have 3 of them. Right now my favorite is a gen4 with a Kkm barrel. I live in Alaska and carry this gun most days when I’m out and about if I’m walking the dogs, chopping wood, going on a hike etc.

In my opinion, a g20 in a gunfighters inc kenai chest holster is perfection.

That is the holster I am leaning towards.
They are currently 15% of with code fathersday2018

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I'm not really a fan of Glocks but I do like my G20 with Underwoods and different sights.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have a G20 with a solid steel guide rod, heavier spring and standard rifling barrel for shooting hard cast rounds. Together with Tru Glo TFX night sights, its a great woods gun IMHO.

Edited to add: IIRC Bruce Gray was not overly supportive of shooting hot loads out of the P220 or regularly out of any pistol. That is why I have the upgrades for my Glock and I practice with standard velocity rounds.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have any experiences with your choices, but.....I do own a Second Generation Smith & Wesson 1006 10MM. I bought it new in 1996....I've probably got 3000 rounds through it, and have killed a few deer with it....I've never had any issue's. They are scarce...but, I recommend them highly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sig protects my life, home, and family....."God guards my soul"

Posts: 1477 | Location: owensboro, ky | Registered: December 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
I'm looking HARD at the Glock 40 MOS for my next bear/hunting pistol when I go back to Alaska next year... $558 through Blue Label speaks to me.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I d love a G40 mos but that would be a bitch to carry iwb

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
I d love a G40 mos but that would be a bitch to carry iwb

I'm going with a chest rig, but I can see an issue with concealing it, lol.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up the glock 40 a few weeks ago - I think you will like it.

Steve

Posts: 14 | Registered: March 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the gen 4 g20 come in the battlefield green frame?

posted Hide Post
quote:
My Kkm barrel was 165 and it’s a huge upgrade over the alpha wolf barrel I tried before it.

In what ways do you find the KKM to be an improvement over the alpha wolf, and what did you find wrong with the alpha wolf barrel?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a G20 and a Delta but for a woods gun I would love to have one of these.

http://pilotmtnguns.com/handgu...-3-ssruhkgp-1031-nvk

Posts: 458 | Location: Ocala, FL 34478 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
My Kkm barrel was 165 and it’s a huge upgrade over the alpha wolf barrel I tried before it.

In what ways do you find the KKM to be an improvement over the alpha wolf, and what did you find wrong with the alpha wolf barrel?

My alpha wolf wouldn’t feed several types of Ammo and locked the slide closed with a round in the chamber when I was trying to cycle rounds through it to figure out what the problem was.

I called lone wolf and they basically said: oh yeah, it’s normal, send it in and we’ll fix it for you. (Of course they were ebony willing to pay shipping). I told them I’d be sending it in but I didn’t want it back. I got my refund and got the KKM and couldn’t be happier.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cigardad:
I have a G20 and a Delta but for a woods gun I would love to have one of these.

http://pilotmtnguns.com/handgu...-3-ssruhkgp-1031-nvk

I guess I just don’t get those 10mm revolvers. If I was buying that I’d just get the 357mag version.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

My alpha wolf wouldn’t feed several types of Ammo and locked the slide closed with a round in the chamber when I was trying to cycle rounds through it to figure out what the problem was.

I called lone wolf and they basically said: oh yeah, it’s normal, send it in and we’ll fix it for you. (Of course they were ebony willing to pay shipping). I told them I’d be sending it in but I didn’t want it back. I got my refund and got the KKM and couldn’t be happier.

Interesting, thanks.

I have an alpha wolf in a G40 that I bought. The barrel and pistol had zero signs of wear, so it didn't get used much, if at all. The first few rounds off the first magazine hung on the feed ramp. I swapped magazines, had no further problems, and when returning to the first mag, the problems did not recur.

I don't have a KKM barrel for that pistol, but do have them for other pistols, and have had no problems with the KKM barrels.

I haven't shot the alpha wolf enough to form an opinion on it, and don't have any others, so am always interested in other experiences.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the G20. It's fun to shoot and will do the same job as the other two choices for quite a bit cheaper. It's also lighter. I'd normally recommend the G29 as well. I have a Gen 3 SF and Gen 4 that eat anything.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well you guys talked me into giving Glock another chance in 10mm, now I need to decide what color I want it in, although I usually think Glocks look best in all black, I like to try something different every now and then. Thanks for the input