SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any one stop shop for Glock Stippling and RMR milling?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any one stop shop for Glock Stippling and RMR milling? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
Still kicking around my RMR handgun project. Any good places that will do a good grip undercut, stipple job and offer RMR services? G19 if it matters.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More and more are popping up everywhere, many do excellent jobs. Do you have an rmr picked out yet? That is the biggest issue when you get yours cut because it will only work with that one,period. You can't switch them out as the bases are different. The factory rmr Glocks give you all of the plates, so you can switch them out but they sit higher and co-witnessing sights can be an issue.

As far as work done, I had a Glock 34 sent to Loki Tactical in Fl. and they did an awesome job with the slide work. Turn around was quick (approx. x2-3 weeks). I got the slide cut when they had a Father's Day sale and I think they have another sale coming up. I did not have an rmr cut out but they do that as well. Another coworker/friend of mine had his done there when I told him about it and he could not be more thrilled when he got it back. The cut was very tight and fit his rmr really well. They do stipple jobs as well but all of the work can be quite pricey.

For stippling,I was thinking about sending my frame to Brazen firearms. Their prices are pretty good and those that I have talked to about it seem happy with the overall job. I have had some work done by them prior and they did an excellent job.

Of course you have The GlockStore in California that does great work and have bought many things from them over the years. If you really want to go nuts, you could always send your pistol to Taran Tactical for the work. It is expensive and can take quite a while.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Pike at Mod1 is your 1 stop shop for Glock and Sig 320.
http://mod1firearms.com

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
ATEi in Michigan.

One of the pioneers of RMRs on pistols.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Pike at Mod1 is your 1 stop shop for Glock and Sig 320.
http://mod1firearms.com

Thanks Black92LX for posting this info and link...Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boresight Solutions.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can understand one stop shopping for some things, but in this case I go why? There is no link here in terms of results and support.
Send the slide to someone competent (PMM or L&M precision (there are others) and the frame to someone competent.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I can understand one stop shopping for some things, but in this case I go why? There is no link here in terms of results and support.
Send the slide to someone competent (PMM or L&M precision (there are others) and the frame to someone competent.

Because there are those that are competent in both. Hence the reason I posted the link to Mod1.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
I'm not saying that there are not those that are not competent at both, I'm asking why limit yourself to vendors that do both in terms of an initial market analysis. I don't see any obvious advantage. The group that might do both is a VERY, VERY small subset of the people that do either extremely well and I don't see the reason for selecting a subset. Pick the best for each project as there is really no connection between the two projects other than saving $10 on shipping.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I'm not saying that there are not those that are not competent at both, I'm asking why limit yourself to vendors that do both in terms of an initial market analysis. I don't see any obvious advantage. The group that might do both is a VERY, VERY small subset of the people that do either extremely well and I don't see the reason for selecting a subset. Pick the best for each project as there is really no connection between the two projects other than saving $10 on shipping.

Aside from saving on shipping many times they offer packages at a discount. So the savings could be more.
Then one takes into account turn around time.

————————————————

Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
ATEi
DangerClose
Loki
Jagerwerk
Boresight

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post