SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 ST or Langdon any action work?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 ST or Langdon any action work? Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
If you own one of these, either a P220ST or specifically a Landon Edition, have you used it to compete?

What changes in action or trigger have you done for competition or just to use at the range?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
P220ST. It went back the the factory for trigger work and the short reset. Its one of my favorites but I always end up using one of the 226s for competition and classes due to the cost of 45 vs 9mm. When I pull it out for show-and-tell everyone wants it.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Talk to The Sigarmorer/Robert Burke. He’s done plenty of competitive action work and is very knowledgeable.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I sent my P220ST off to Ernest for his trigger work years ago, VERY happy with his work.
At the time I used the gun for work and IDPA.
I had way to many extraction problems and others, ( NOT Ernest Langdons fault)so I bought a CZ Shadow that Matt Mink put together.
I never competed with the P220ST again.

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Had the Sig AEP on my 220st, worth while IMO.
Smoothes it up nicely!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine are a full LTT custom and an Ernest Langdon model, both with Warren rears, Dawson FO fronts, short reach triggers, SRT and Hogue G-10 piranhas. No, I still don't do pics... Ernest did great work on the action and trigger, perfect reliability. Sig out did themselves with the Langdon model, also perfect reliability and the two tone rocks. Both had Nills but Hogue G-10s fit me better.
Unfortunately, LTT no longer does Sig work, at least when I last spoke with him a while back.

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Langdon does action work on P series? I did not know that!

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
While I do not compete with it. I did send a P-220ST to Sig for their AEP. It smooth things out a bit, but I cannot honestly tell you how much it actually made the reset better.

I have bone stock Langdon, but have not been able to bring myself to shoot it.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:
Langdon does action work on P series? I did not know that!

According to the post previous to yours, he doesn't anymore. IIRC, one mod he used to do on the P-series was a "speedbump" trigger that eliminated trigger overtravel after the sear break.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
since the falling out between Ernest Langdon and SIGArms he does not work on the P Series pistols...

Bill

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SiGagain,

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LTT did phenomenal custom work (timely too) but Sig, back then, was painfully slow to support, as in parts. Wasn't fair to him, and more importantly, wasn't fair to his customers (us!) Glad he's back in the business, although I wish he still did Sig work.
Combine his work with the SRT and you have a perfect DA trigger.

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
apologies for inadvertent post

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
As said above, Langdon doesn't do Sigs anymore (those lucky enough to own a Langdon 220 would probably love to have him do a little magic it). Last I recall he was focusing on Berettas. He does have a website and you can sign up for updates: https://www.langdontactical.com/

If you have a 220ST, are an original owner, and want to keep your warranty intact, then SIG is the way to go.

If you're less concerned about the warranty and/or want more than SIG will do, then Burke gets the nod.

FWIW, Langdon's competition/winning 220ST was considerably modified of course, including slide lightening, welded on mag well, and I believe it was may have been an older version with the original proprietary 'SIG' rail (probably a smidge lighter).

Either way, probably the best TDA .45 out there (tho a bit on the heavy side).

$.02 worth,
Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post