SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Elite 10mm magazine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Elite 10mm magazine Login/Join 
posted
I was at the range yesterday with my DA/SA P220 10mm and the magazine would come detatched from the mag catch after firing. This occurred at least a dozen times in 50 rounds fired. Any thoughts?

Additionally this is quite a fine pistol and I've found to be quite accurate. Still I am Thinking of upgrading to the Xray 3 sights or if I can find a guy here with experience milling slides would go with a romeo 1 unless there are other options. I would be curious to know if other 10mm owners have done anything different with their sights than sigs options. Thx

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the same issue with the magazine popping out on my new P220 Elite SAO 10mm a few months ago. I could replicate the problem by putting a few snap caps in the particular mag I was having trouble with and pushing forward on the bottom of the mag. It would only happen with one of the three magazines I had for that pistol so I determined it was a problem with that particular magazine only. I returned to the SIG Elite dealer where I bought the pistol. At first I was told everything would have to be returned to SIG, but once I talked to the salesman who I had bought two other SIGs from in the past few months he simply exchanged the mag. I couldn't detect any difference in that particular mag from the other two which were just fine.

I am running the stock sights on my P220 so I have nothing to add.

Good luck!

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paulbriand:
I was at the range yesterday with my DA/SA P220 10mm and the magazine would come detatched from the mag catch after firing. This occurred at least a dozen times in 50 rounds fired. Any thoughts?

Additionally this is quite a fine pistol and I've found to be quite accurate. Still I am Thinking of upgrading to the Xray 3 sights or if I can find a guy here with experience milling slides would go with a romeo 1 unless there are other options. I would be curious to know if other 10mm owners have done anything different with their sights than sigs options. Thx

I returned mine to SIG twice for the same issue. Both times SIG replaced a damaged magazine catch. No problems with the "older" style magazines since.

There is more information here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8420029524

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post