SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What’s the consensus on the 225a1
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s the consensus on the 225a1 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Like the 225 but cannot make the leap for a carry weapon. Been carrying a 224 with 12 rd mag 9mm.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t carry mine very much. I carry an m11a1
If I wear more formal clothes, then I’d go out of my way to carry her. I travel around and want the capacity.

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great little pistol. Although, it isnt as little as it feels.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own two P225A-1's and they are probably my favorite pistols! I agree they should have a larger magazine capacity from the factory but I am holding out hope that a quality aftermarket option will appear….. Either way, I am glad to have mine!

Posts: 13 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: October 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken8:
...I am holding out hope that a quality aftermarket option will appear…..

Never going to happen. What company would be foolish enough to make brand new mags for a gun that was so short-lived and now, is discontinued?

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would have liked to replaced the 239 with the 225A1, but the bulky mag plates kept me from doing it.

Carrying extra mags is always in the equation. Take the Kahr mags, rounds like to slide out of them. Double stacks, thick.
225A1, big bulky baseplates.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a capacity guy, and always carry a least one spare mag, if for no other reason than it might be needed for an immediate action. The P225 A is arguably my favorite SIG, and sort of fills the Commander niche.

The ergonomics of this gun are just shy of the 1911 when it comes to fitting me and my hands.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
From Osage, Sig 2020 New Releases and Discontinued Models

Whoa, that's too bad. I was considering buying one in 2020 so as not to wear out my West German P225. Looks like Sig is discontinuing all non-Legion P220's as well? So only the most expensive models will remain Roll Eyes Oh well, guess Sig won't be getting any of my business anytime soon...

Posts: 53 | Registered: July 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I love mine, I got it from someone in this thread. It's been great to me and most often carried pistol. Too bad they are canceling them, but I understand why.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, the ridiculous mag design is what killed it, imo. This gun should have had a 10-rd mag from the get go. Or, at least 9 rounds. There was just no physical excuse to use the P239 mag body and added that useless plastic extender at the bottom.

Yes, that would have been a significant improvement over the original 8 rd. capacity. Long live the original 225 German!

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since they are discontinuing the 225, there goes any chance of an ST model they talked about....

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Excellent pistol, but born way too late. Is on the Discontinued List for 2020.
I recall about A year ago you foretold that this pistol would be discontinued due to low magazine capacity. Good call!

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold my original 225 when it was discontinued, now I'm going to sell my a-1. It's probably not rational but I worry I'll break something and not be able to get a replacement part. I still have 225 and a-1 mags to dispose of as well.

Posts: 28 | Registered: May 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post