SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig TacOps 1911 10mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig TacOps 1911 10mm Login/Join 
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted
Anybody have or had one of these? How did it run? Magazines? Did you use a specific grain? How was the recoil?

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of testfire
posted Hide Post
Curious about this as well. I have this in .45 and like it. Hopefully somebody with some time and experience can chime in. Smile

Posts: 386 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: May 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I don't have a TACOPs in 10mm, but I do have and have had a number of 10mm 1911s. I like the SIG Performance Ammunition. It's fairly hot and 10mm is 10mm. A longslide helps the recoil.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one that I bought 3 weeks ago. Only have a 100 rounds through it and no issues so far. Used Sig and Sellier & Bellot ammo both were 180 grains.. Sig was the hotter load. Recoil was surprisingly mild. Pistol was very accurate at 25yds and POA=POI.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of testfire
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Strider. I have debating between that and the Springfield 10mm TRP. I know most would say go with the Dan Wesson Razorback, but for some reason I like these 2 as well.

Posts: 386 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: May 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
Problem with the TRP is the price over the other models, otherwise it would have been my first choice.

Ruger: $1019
Sig: $1221
Colt Delta: $1299
Dan Wesson: $1500
Springfield TRP: $1800

Updated the price... and added the Ruger because it is a good choice. The Ruger has a great trigger which I found shocking but their sights suck.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GroundedCLK,

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was hard for me to decide between this and the ruger. After firing a ruger and a g20 I went with the g20. It was softer shooting and about the same size with twice the capacity.
The tacops 10mm is kinda hard to find too, at least it was this past summer when I was trying to order one

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GroundedCLK:
Problem with the TRP is the price over the other models, otherwise it would have been my first choice.

Updated the price... and added the Ruger because it is a good choice. The Ruger has a great trigger which I found shocking but their sights suck.

Are you going by msrp ? Because the street price on the ruger is about 800 bucks, I found the tac ops for 1150

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
quote:
Originally posted by GroundedCLK:

Are you going by msrp ? Because the street price on the ruger is about 800 bucks, I found the tac ops for 1150

Yeah I just copied MSRP off the website for each one to be fair.

I ordered the TacOps on Friday, price was $1040. I would have went with the TRP if the 10mm version was styled after the 45acp version.