SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread)
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 89
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread) Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:
Originally posted by 3/4Flap:
With some "modification" needed to the slide, SIG isn't going to farm them out to Century Arms where some guy with an angle grinder is going to apply the fix, are they?

Has Sig done this in the past ?

I don't think SIG has had a recall this big before.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
quote:
With some "modification" needed to the slide, SIG isn't going to farm them out to Century Arms where some guy with an angle grinder is going to apply the fix, are they?

The P290 had an unusual problem when it first came out. Short stroking the trigger reset would kill the trigger. This was particularly easy to do because while the trigger was a long DAO trigger, there was a click about halfway through the reset very similar to what you would expect if used to DA/SA. The only way to resolve this was to rack the slide. This rendered this pistol totally inappropriate for defensive carry. Your humble servant Fenris was, I believe, the first to identify the problem and wrote it up here on Sig-Forum.

Sig fixed this issue when they came out with the P290-RS. And offered upgrades to P290 owners, but charged for both the upgrade and shipping. I was annoyed, but paid.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Unlike my still unpinned XDS, I suppose the 320 must go in. All this banning mania and all...(feel so outcast)...(sob)...

Get 'er fixed, be done with it. Sucks for SIG that they're stuck with a sizable write-off for their lack of initiative in doing comprehensive testing. Money that could've been used for other projects. Dropping at many angles onto the back end of the slide seems like no-brainer kinds of drop tests to me, if someone's going to do any sort of drop testing at all. I'm still surprised that this wasn't found out long before now. Then again, charging handles eating into Gen1 MPX upper receivers never should've happened either.

One can only hope that SIG NH actually tries to do far better in the future. But end user beta testing has been such a common thing with these guys. It would be a glorious moment if this attitude truly changes.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What other company offers up a completely FREE UPGRADE? Which reduces the physical weight of the trigger, sear, and striker while additionally adding a mechanical disconnector.

Most upgrades cost money, while product recalls usually don't. Wink

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The P290 had an unusual problem when it first came out. Short stroking the trigger reset would kill the trigger. This was particularly easy to do because while the trigger was a long DAO trigger, there was a click about halfway through the reset very similar to what you would expect if used to DA/SA. The only way to resolve this was to rack the slide. This rendered this pistol totally inappropriate for defensive carry. Your humble servant Fenris was, I believe, the first to identify the problem and wrote it up here on Sig-Forum.

Sig fixed this issue when they came out with the P290-RS. And offered upgrades to P290 owners, but charged for both the upgrade and shipping. I was annoyed, but paid.
I remember that, I guess my point was the number of actual weapon affected (350K from what Bruce says, SIG keeps talking about a half-million).

I doubt there are more than 50K P290s in circulation.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
I remember that, I guess my point was the number of actual weapon affected (350K from what Bruce says, SIG keeps talking about a half-million).

I doubt there are more than 50K P290s in circulation.

That's true. I like my little P290 (after upgrade) but it isn't a fun shooter. I like my guns heavy to soak up the recoil. But it gets occasional use when I can't manage a full size, or I want to be tacticool and carry a bug.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

HA! That was awesome

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
According to this it looks like all the caliber conversion kits will need to go back also.

This is correct!!

http://www.gunsandammo.com/new...ervice-announcement/

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still waiting to find out what they're going to do about those pistols that were purchased under APP/IOP program. I'm hoping they're going to fast-track them, but that might be too optimistic.

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
According to this it looks like all the caliber conversion kits will need to go back also.

This is correct!!

http://www.gunsandammo.com/new...ervice-announcement/

Yeah it is on the FAQs section on SIGs site. They need to be cut for the disconnect.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
Still waiting to find out what they're going to do about those pistols that were purchased under APP/IOP program. I'm hoping they're going to fast-track them, but that might be too optimistic.

Someone previously commented that they called Sig with this question, and Sig took the information over the phone. The website states that IOP firearms will have a form up soon for return to "upgrade."

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
One or two good sized jury verdicts could be more expensive than the recall.

quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
What other company offers up a completely FREE UPGRADE? Which reduces the physical weight of the trigger, sear, and striker while additionally adding a mechanical disconnector.

Most upgrades cost money, while product recalls usually don't. Wink

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Stopped in at a LGS today and the owner asked me if I had heard about the P320. I said yes. His were off the shelves, in the back. He had to enter all the SN on the website like an owner. In the back they will sit until he gets the shipping email we are all waiting for. He also told me Sig had been in touch with him to ask (tell?) him to correct customers who said the word "recall" that it's not a recall. It's a voluntary. . .

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Sig will "volunteer" to send out (at a later date) the upgraded trigger, sear and striker group.

Don't really want to "volunteer" and send in the slide and FCU to get cut on. But still would like the added safety benefit of the update lockwork.

Posts: 221 | Location: USA | Registered: May 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at the Harrisburg Gun show today and more than three dealers had 320s for sale. All said it was the buyer's responsibility to get the upgrade.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Fair enough, but how were their prices?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanie-Bean
posted Hide Post
Thanks, No Quota.

The first instagram post describing the trigger being "bad" already has me not wanting to send mine back.

The picture showing the thinner trigger just confirmed that I will skip the voluntary upgrade.

What a sh*tty fix for the P320.

No more new SIG Sauer pistols for me.

Ammo by Dillon and Hornady
NRA Life Member

Posts: 496 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped in Sportsman's Warehouse. They had various P320's in stock. They claimed to know nothing about the P320 issue.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post