SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread)
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 89
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tompow:
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Jesus this has become a cluster...lol. Can't keep up with this is the fix and that is the fix! So here's where I stand...surely it cant involve ANY changes to the frame as I just ordered a new one for my .45 last Monday, shipped on Wednesday, and will be here today... one would thing that if a frame modification was needed they WOULD NOT ship me a new one correct?

Clearly, he jsut said the frames need to be modified.

if that's the case, and they claim a fix was already in the works, why didn't they refuse to ship it to me? it didn't leave until Wednesday afternoon? How will the fix work if you have multiple frames? Gonna give me all new ones? I have 4 for my 9mm and now 3 for my .45...

I am a bit confused by this back and forth. When you say "Frame" are you referring to the FCU, the slide or the grip module? The grip module will not be modified. The slide will be and the FCU will be.

Posts: 71 | Location: NoVA | Registered: December 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Seems like a pretty straightforward fix. Likely a lengthy turnaround time except for the early guns, but a fix nonetheless.

I do think it annoying that the solution remains voluntary. Some numbnuts that can't even figure out which way the mag faces when he forces it into the magwell will end up seeing the 'voluntary' description and thinking that this is some overblown No Big Deal and will choose NOT to participate. And with my luck will be the noob in the next lane the next time I visit a public range.

At the risk of sounding callous, I care about ME not some newbie. Let them trade their P320 for an Airsoft as far as I'm concerned. As long as I don't get shot in the ass if one drops his pistol. Smile

I'm pleased that it is voluntary. Regardless, I'll wait and see how the dust settles before I make my own decision regarding the upgrades.

Soggy, here's another side to a mandatory recall. If it was "mandatory" you're screwed. Shoot somebody with a P320 that was not returned under a mandatory recall and guess what. Can you see what a D.A. and/or plaintiff's attorney would do with that? To be clear, I'm speaking about an intentional SD shooting, not a gun drop.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by md-dave:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Jesus this has become a cluster...lol. Can't keep up with this is the fix and that is the fix! So here's where I stand...surely it cant involve ANY changes to the frame as I just ordered a new one for my .45 last Monday, shipped on Wednesday, and will be here today... one would thing that if a frame modification was needed they WOULD NOT ship me a new one correct?

if that's the case, and they claim a fix was already in the works, why didn't they refuse to ship it to me? it didn't leave until Wednesday afternoon? How will the fix work if you have multiple frames? Gonna give me all new ones? I have 4 for my 9mm and now 3 for my .45...

I am a bit confused by this back and forth. When you say "Frame" are you referring to the FCU, the slide or the grip module? The grip module will not be modified. The slide will be and the FCU will be.

There ya go! thanks...grip module.

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
I'm curious what will happen when they mill out the areas in the slide for the recall?
Do they leave that area uncoated or recoat the slide?
One of my slides is cerakoted grey and the other is an FDE model.
The FDE gun they could coat of course, but not the cerakoted one.

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He said frame, I assume that meant grip module. He also said the slide and fire control unit need cuts.
4:25 in the video

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He said frame, I assume that meant grip module. He also said the slide and fire control unit need cuts.
4:25
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" scrolling="no" src="http://videos.recoilweb.com/channel/random?video=KQjb1zpB1e4K-rweb-p320pr-081117&embed=true&autoplay=true&autoplayMuteMobile=true&autoplayNext=true&mute=false" style="overflow: auto; -webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch;" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Thanks Warpig, I see where the term is coming from now. I took that to mean the frame of the FCU would need to be cut for the disconnect. But, as a caveat, I certainly could be wrong.

Posts: 71 | Location: NoVA | Registered: December 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolffy88:
I'm curious what will happen when they mill out the areas in the slide for the recall?

One would have to assume you will be responsible for the fix. Remember, you're not obligated to send your gun in. Its an "upgrade". No different than if you were to send in a cerakoted gun to a shop for some RMR work or similar.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks Warpig, I see where the term is coming from now. I took that to mean the frame of the FCU would need to be cut for the disconnect. But, as a caveat, I certainly could be wrong.

It seems he mentioned the the FCU and slide as well so I went with deduction, obviously I could be wrong as well. I suppose its also entirely possible that they snet out a frame and did the work before it left Sig. Guess he'll have to compare and let us know.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Must we have a video on each page that automatically starts playing when I go there? I don't recall that happening with any other embedded video here.

Is that a setting I can change on my computer?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47408 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wolffy88:

One would have to assume you will be responsible for the fix. Remember, you're not obligated to send your gun in. Its an "upgrade". No different than if you were to send in a cerakoted gun to a shop for some RMR work or similar.

I suppose you are right. The factory finish I think should be taken care of at the factory, but I understand about my cerakoted one.

-wolff

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Must we have a video on each page that automatically starts playing when I go there?

Amen.

-wolff

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
The one question I have remaining:

The press release, which is otherwise extremely well written and more detailed than I would have thought, says not to send your gun with aftermarket stuff. They specify "triggers, lights, lasers, optics", but do they include iron sights?

I just put HD XRs and Talon grips on mine and surely don't want them removed. Neither falls under their list of 'don't-sends', unless their wording is unclear.

Bruce or anyone know specifically that my irons and grips will be left as-is?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Must we have a video on each page that automatically starts playing when I go there?
Yes, if you embed videos, please make sure they don't auto-run.

Stop posting that video, please, guys. Think before you post.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Must we have a video on each page that automatically starts playing when I go there? I don't recall that happening with any other embedded video here.

Yeah, that was surprising when you don't expect it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
First thing this morning, I'm trying to be quiet because my wife is still in bed and that shit started playing on its own

If you want to get on my bad side, this is a great way to do it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I don't know how to make that clip stop auto-running (or know how it started).

But I have edited my original post to only provide the video link, so preclude any future quotes of it from containing the auto run video.

Other posters who quoted it will need to edit it our of their quotes.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, at least on Firefox. Mouse over tab, Right click. Left click the "Mute Tab" option. Should be something similar on other browsers.

Note that this references only videos in the tab selected, not ALL tabs.

I use this feature on some hard news sites that have annoying autostart vids.

** CORRECTION**: Before this update I had the R/L reversed. Version above is corrected.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
The one question I have remaining:

The press release, which is otherwise extremely well written and more detailed than I would have thought, says not to send your gun with aftermarket stuff. They specify "triggers, lights, lasers, optics", but do they include iron sights?

I just put HD XRs and Talon grips on mine and surely don't want them removed. Neither falls under their list of 'don't-sends', unless their wording is unclear.

Bruce or anyone know specifically that my irons and grips will be left as-is?

The release clearly states "IF YOU SEND YOUR FIREARM IN WITH AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES, SIG SAUER CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THOSE ITEMS WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU." You can't take the chance. Remove everything that's not Sig.

Re sights, that's a PITA. I'd call CS and see about sights specifically. Couple of years ago I sent in a slide for internal work. I was going to install Heinie's before I shipped. CS said if it came with Heinie's, they would be removed. I left the Sig sights on, asked them to remove but not reinstall and installed Heinie's when it returned.

posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Warpig, I see where the term is coming from now. I took that to mean the frame of the FCU would need to be cut for the disconnect. But, as a caveat, I certainly could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

It seems he mentioned the the FCU and slide as well so I went with deduction, obviously I could be wrong as well. I suppose its also entirely possible that they snet out a frame and did the work before it left Sig. Guess he'll have to compare and let us know.

Out for delivery... I'll compare this afternoon...

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kudos to Sig for covering shipping, as that will take the sting out of it for many. A few questions for Mr Gray, or Sig:

1) how come no tabbed trigger as part of the upgrade? I believe it was originally an option for the 320, common to virtually every other striker design, and would seem to help make the firing pin block safety work better.

2) what about those with after market trigger work on their 320 pistols, how should they proceed?

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post