SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread)
Page 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 89
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread) Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Details on the modification if you do the upgrade. Interesting commentary at 2:20 as well about how the fix occurred so quickly.

Mostly softball questions, as you'd expect from an online gun rag but still worth it IMO.

From Recoil:

http://videos.recoilweb.com/ch...K-rweb-p320pr-081117

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RHINOWSO,

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
RX-79G, time to go, man. See ya.

And he's gone.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
RX-79G, since your response to your forcing me to shut you down was to delete all but the last couple of posts you've made in this thread,

...that would explain why this thread got literally 3 or 4 pages shorter than it was last evening. I wasn't sure if I was going crazy or not....

I refreshed the page last night and 6 pages was GONE. Was 54, refreshed to 48. Eek

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Details on the modification if you do the upgrade. Interesting commentary at 2:20 as well about how the fix occurred so quickly.

Mostly softball questions, as you'd expect from an online gun rag but still worth it IMO.

From Recoil:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" scrolling="no" src="http://videos.recoilweb.com/channel/random?video=KQjb1zpB1e4K-rweb-p320pr-081117&embed=true&autoplay=true&autoplayMuteMobile=true&autoplayNext=true&mute=false" style="overflow: auto; -webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch;" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Everyone seemed kind of uncomfortable to me. Do you know whether this was really a press "interview?"

The video says, "RECOILTV Brought to you by SIG." Do you know if Recoil is just an arm of Sig?

If so, it probably would have been clearer and more direct if SIG had just made a statement using a good spokesperson on camera rather than making it look like an interview.

A press release passed off as an independent interview leaves a contrived impression if that's what it was.

Maybe "Brought to you by SIG" means something different.

I had the feeling that I was watching a group of people with more things on the list of what they couldn't say than what they could.

Some of the information was interesting but it seems that if they cut into the slide, they would also have a refinishing step unless they just replaced it.

Well, very soon we'll know. I hope we find out about whether all P320s suffer from whatever the problem is perceived to be. They seem to say that the mass of the components is the key.

Is the disconnect lever just a way to keep it from firing out of battery, having nothing to do with the drop fire issue?

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I kept hearing "Recall TV". Big Grin

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Thank you Bruce for your update. Someone earlier in the thread posted a video of John Dean during the Watergate Hearings, which I thought was funny considering the social media frenzy about this issue.

I am confident it will be resolved.

Thank you! It is definitely being resolved, and extremely quickly.

I'm sorry, I don't get how a video of John Dean could be seen as relevant to this situation?

I honestly haven't been able to read through all the various threads and comments here, much less thoughout the social media-verse. I've seen just enough to be in turns encouraged by the reasonable attitudes of our friends and customers, and nauseated by the trolls and haters.

Is anyone seriously likening this development and SIG's response to the Watergate break-in and Nixon's attempted coverup?

If that's what some are suggesting, the comparison doesn't make a lick of sense. It doesn't fit the facts.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Thank you Bruce for your update. Someone earlier in the thread posted a video of John Dean during the Watergate Hearings, which I thought was funny considering the social media frenzy about this issue.

It is definitely being resolved, and extremely quickly.

I'm sorry, I don't wuite get how a video of John Dean could be seen as relevant to this situation?

I honestly haven't been able to read through all the various threads and comments here, much less thoughout the social mediaverse.

Is anyone seriously likening this development and SIG's response to the Watergate break-in and Nixon's attempted coverup?

If that's what some are suggesting, the comparison doesn't make a lick of sense. It doesn't fit the facts.

-Bruce

Inflated drama is what "social media" is all about now-a-days.

It seems like Watergate is all the rage right now. One hasn't truly made it, though, until they are described as Hitler or a Nazi.

Even so, saavy has also made media manipulation more transparent to the public.

What people want to hear is engineering, physics, explanations and the like.

What often happens is that that type of honest clarity is covered/mixed with legal protection, PR and controlling the narrative.

It seems prudent to do it but it will always lead to a sense of mistrust.

It is hard to see how anything will be taken at face value when so many pressures are involved.

The internal desire to keep things confidential due to NDAs and proprietary secrets also contributes to why people will sense that they are not getting the whole story. It's because they can't.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:

It is definitely being resolved, and extremely quickly.

I'm sorry, I don't wuite get how a video of John Dean could be seen as relevant to this situation?

I honestly haven't been able to read through all the various threads and comments here, much less thoughout the social mediaverse.

-Bruce

Inflated drama is what "social media" is all about now-a-days.

It seems like Watergate is all the rage right now. One hasn't truly made it, though, until they are described as Hitler or a Nazi.

Even so, saavy has also made media manipulation more transparent to the public.

What people want to hear is engineering, physics, explanations and the like.

What often happens is that that type of honest clarity is covered/mixed with legal protection, PR and controlling the narrative.

It seems prudent to do it but it will always lead to a sense of mistrust.

It is hard to see how anything will be taken at face value when so many pressures are involved.

The internal desire to keep things confidential due to NDAs and proprietary secrets also contributes to why people will sense that they are not getting the whole story. It's because they can't.

David, I appreciate your perspective on how such situations like this are percieved, and how the constraints we must work within colour those perceptions. I agree with you.

I'm starting to believe that some folks expect to be lied to these days, and don't (or won't) choose to accept straight talk at face value anymore, even when the words are matched by positive action.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:

If a consumer decides to buy a pistol and looks at a P320, the question may be: "Is that one fixed?" "I heard they go off if you drop them."

That's a tough legacy that will most likely go on. If an un-knowledgeable shopper hears there was an issue with the P320 firing when dropped, he/she may be more likely to simply move on the something else.

^^^ One of the reasons I have steered away from the 238/938 platform.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
SIG will be measured on where they go from here. Either they will come out as having weathered the storm pretty well, or they will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

That will be the true tale. I said it 30 or 40 pages ago. In a few weeks, or a couple of months, most consumers will be "SIG had a recall?" once the next biggest and greatest internet bombshell hits. What will be remembered is how they handled it by the rest of us.

Yeah, this was a big deal. But, we've been here before and we will be here again.

^^^ Very true, I remember a LOT of threads on the Mosquito... not so much anymore. Wink

Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
From the video, John...

"Since the P320 came out there's been complaints and the biggest concern with the trigger has been the double click"

"The drop safety is kinda the next thing we said, oh my gosh..while we're there, what else can we do to improve that issue?"

ah..mmmmm.....

There's a couple of conclusions, I can draw from those statements and neither of them are good.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read that as, while we set about to correct the drop issue, we can also fix the double click issue, which has been complained about previously. So, two birds, one stone type of thing.

Posts: 71 | Location: NoVA | Registered: December 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, its Monday. Where's this explanation of what they're gonna do to fix it. I just want to see what they are offering, as mine has only made one range trip since I bought it.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2738 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
So, its Monday. Where's this explanation of what they're gonna do to fix it. I just want to see what they are offering, as mine has only made one range trip since I bought it.

GEEZ....... While it certainly is Monday, as I type this it is 8:30 am eastern time!

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jesus this has become a cluster...lol. Can't keep up with this is the fix and that is the fix! So here's where I stand...surely it cant involve ANY changes to the frame as I just ordered a new one for my .45 last Monday, shipped on Wednesday, and will be here today... one would thing that if a frame modification was needed they WOULD NOT ship me a new one correct?

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
quote:

GEEZ....... While it certainly is Monday, as I type this it is 8:30 am eastern time!
And to be fair, they have until 23:59 eastern...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
^^^ Very true, I remember a LOT of threads on the Mosquito... not so much anymore. Wink

Lol, isn't the 'Skeeter discontinued? Big Grin

Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
It appears LE Guns will be handled at a later date:

Here's the upgrade link:

https://www.sigsauer.com/suppo...y-upgrade-program-2/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, its Monday. Where's this explanation of what they're gonna do to fix it.

Srsly? You posted that at 08:14?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
quote:

And to be fair, they have until 23:59 eastern...

I understand that people are anxious (hell, I own 3!!) but as long as SIG and GGI fix the issues I am happy with the results. Since I don't carry I will wait until after the initial rush as well.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post