SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread)
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 89
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread) Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

Big Grin

Now THATS funny.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
So, I guess France won't want a P320 contract?

It's possible the Israelis may opt for it since they carry with the chamber empty. The beauty is the slam fire which reduces the need for trigger control Big Grin

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
More fuel for the fire:
Amid increased scrutiny, Sig Sauer was named in a $7 million personal injury lawsuit by a Connecticut police officer who was injured when his holstered P320 pistol discharged when it hit the ground.

Vicent Sheperis, a 34-year-old police officer in Stamford, Connecticut, filed the case against the New Hampshire gun maker in a New Haven federal court last week. The lawsuit alleges his injuries were the result of a defective safety mechanism in the P320 design, which has also been a growing topic among firearm enthusiasts.

According to the complaint, Sheperis, a member of Stamford police Special Response Team, was injured in January when his department-issued P320 pistol fell as he loaded equipment into a vehicle. The pistol discharged when it hit the ground and the bullet struck him in the leg and knee.

“The weapon’s internal and external safeties all failed to prevent it from discharging and shooting Officer Sheperis,” the lawsuit says, adding the trigger was “incapable of being touched or of any movement” because the gun was inside a holster.

“At no time before, during or after the incident did Officer Sheperis place his finger on the P320’s trigger or touch the holstered firearm in any manner,” the lawsuit says and cites a report filed about the incident that reiterates those details. Stamford police then “shelved” all the P320 pistols issued to the SRT operators, the lawsuit says.

As news of the case came to light, issues involving the Sig P320 had been developing. The New Hampshire gun maker has been in the hot seat since last week the Dallas Police Department suspended the P320’s use, citing concerns about the gun’s drop safety in a memo to its officers. Sig responded to the memo, saying there had been “zero reported drop-related P320 incidents in the U.S. commercial market.”

LINK : http://www.guns.com/2017/08/09...y-lawsuit-over-p320/

More fuel to the fire? Did you read the thread?

More like old news. Half of it debunked, part of it irrelevant, and both already settled. We've moved on. Sig has suspended production, an unending line of new videos are out with everyone and their dog jumping on the bandwagon, and Sig is releasing their statement on the fix on Monday.

Next?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolffy88:
I agree that they should offer a no questions asked free upgrade. I have a really modified FS and I'm pretty sure they won't touch it, which is a shame for me.

What do you consider heavily modified. 2 of mine have RMR cuts but they are still going back.

Posts: 33 | Registered: August 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by indigoss:
quote:

It's possible the Israelis may opt for it since they carry with the chamber empty. The beauty is the slam fire which reduces the need for trigger control Big Grin

If an Israeli drops a P320 in the woods? Does it make a sound?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScopeX5:
quote:
I agree that they should offer a no questions asked free upgrade. I have a really modified FS and I'm pretty sure they won't touch it, which is a shame for me.

What do you consider heavily modified. 2 of mine have RMR cuts but they are still going back.

Window cut, ported barrel, stippled, ggi trigger, about a 3 lbs pull trigger.

My thought is that they don't want the liability of working on a gun that later might have an issue leaving them liable. They may upgrade it but keep things like the ggi trigger.

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

If an Israeli drops a P320 in the woods? Does it make a sound?

An Israeli would have to find some woods to drop it in, first.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

A little levity can't hurt in here, and somebody has to be literal. We do all understand that Israelis reside in many climate zones, right? Does anyone closely monitor jokes about the pope pooping?

Oi.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ScopeX5:
quote:

Window cut, ported barrel, stippled, ggi trigger, about a 3 lbs pull trigger.

My thought is that they don't want the liability of working on a gun that later might have an issue leaving them liable. They may upgrade it but keep things like the ggi trigger.

Think it will be fine. Don't think stippling matters at all. All the modifications to the side don't mess with the striker. They'll probably take off your trigger and send it back to you. I have GGI triggers on both of mine. If I had to guess, they are probably going to strip down the FCU and rebuild them.

Posts: 33 | Registered: August 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Holy Shit the Pope Poops. I can't help myself. It's the catholic school.

Also that Glock Facebook thing was funny as hell.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Holy Shit the Pope Poops. I can't help myself. It's the catholic school.

Also that Glock Facebook thing was funny as hell.

Looks like they're pulled it lol

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Holy shit indeed.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Another failed test, with the mallet. The gun is upright, I don't think trigger momentum plays into the discharge. I know some may discard the mallet use but the force used isn't all that much. Just food for thought.

https://youtu.be/veI5NsDqG9E

The Yankee Marshal has a video intended to critique the Patrick R. video on TFB. In the comments made in response to the YM video, it was suggested that if the video is slowed to 1/4 speed as the pistol is struck with the mallet, it can be seen that the trigger does indeed move.

I tried it and the trigger definitely moves as if fires. It doesn't move a whole lot and I don't know what is going on inside that gun when it fires or if the amount of trigger movement is sufficient to disengage the striker block safety. But it definitely moves.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

A little levity can't hurt in here, and somebody has to be literal. We do all understand that Israelis reside in many climate zones, right? Does anyone closely monitor jokes about the pope pooping?

Oi.

I understand the middle east. I've been there a lot. I understand the joke. We're not talking about Israeli nationals in other countries, but Israeli's in the defense force, which are in...Israel. And no, I didn't take it literally. I know what you meant.

But to answer your question, an Israeli with a negligent discharge in the woods will likely make a sound. When he's running from the bear that gets hit by the round discharged from the dropped firearm.

Because bears are in the woods. And they don't like being disturbed when they're...you know.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
But to answer your question, an Israeli with a negligent discharge in the woods will likely make a sound. When he's running from the bear that gets hit by the round discharged from the dropped firearm.

For the purposes of the joke, Israelis don't carry with one in the pipe. Not carrying with one in the pipe is also a joke, that's a different thread.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

For the purposes of the joke, Israelis don't carry with one in the pipe. Not carrying with one in the pipe is also a joke, that's a different thread.

No telling what they do in the woods.

There are bears, after all.

quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:

The Yankee Marshal has a video intended to critique the Patrick R. video on TFB. In the comments made in response to the YM video, it was suggested that if the video is slowed to 1/4 speed as the pistol is struck with the mallet, it can be seen that the trigger does indeed move.

I tried it and the trigger definitely moves as if fires. It doesn't move a whole lot and I don't know what is going on inside that gun when it fires or if the amount of trigger movement is sufficient to disengage the striker block safety. But it definitely moves.

Seems it would be simple enough to place a finger or other block behind the trigger and attempt to duplicate by preventing trigger movement. Question answered.

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Does the pope poop in the pipe?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RX-79G:
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
I went back and looked at this P250 animation. I see a little bit of similarity in the safety lock/lever of the P250 and the P320 system, even though they are different (hammer vs striker). I don't know how much of a drop would need to be sustained with a P250 in order to slip the lock away from the firing pin.

It doesn't matter if the firing pin block bounced. The hammer is always down on the P250.

There is no impact that could simultaneous 'cock' the hammer and keep the firing compressed, in part because the hammer would have to stick out where the gun hits to pull the trigger. But trigger and hammer require too much travel to drop fire.

Looking at the animation it seems a DA/SA P250 was doable.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Burning questions, surely. But, perhaps now we can get back to to the matter at hand, and away from the personal bickering that had begun to mire the thread.

This isn't the first time a major weapons manufacturer has had to make, "adjustments," and it won't be the last. None are untarnished in this regard.

The motivation for SIG to remedy this, is as simple as capitalism can be, and that'll take just a moment.

Arc.

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
What would happen if you took two P320's and made a pendulum with them.

Someone should make a youtube video of that.

Would both guns fire, just one or neither.

Definitely, need a youtube video.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post