SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How many rounds do you have through your 9mm SIG P226?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many rounds do you have through your 9mm SIG P226? Login/Join 
Picture of elberettas
posted
Hello Everyone,

Just bored and curious. How many rounds do you have through your P226 (9mm only please)? What year is it? What parts or springs have you changed, and at what intervals?

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Military issue P226, came out of JOS warehouse, prior round count unknown....Ran 17K through it in 6 months. Was then issued a Glock 19. I never changed out anything but the recoil spring around 7K mark.

Only complaint is Sig Mags by checkmate were over parkerized and caused feeding issues. Old Z back mags were reliable, but prone to rust.

18Z50..you mileage may vary on this topic.

Posts: 365 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have well over 30,000 rounds now through my Legion P226.

After all these rounds and MANY holster presentations, the finish is is remarkable condition. I must have gotten a good one.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Well I don’t have nearly as many down the tube as others here, maybe 3000 or so and everything is original..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
11180 since December 2006 when I bought it new.
The recoil springs have been replaced about every 2500 rounds, and after a few more it will be time again.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
I have a W.German P226, I don't even think I've shot it since I bought it many years ago.

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Maybe 5K...

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2086 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I bought mine in 2004 and likely have 15k rounds down the tube.
I have changed the recoil spring. I also put in a Sig factory threaded barrel when I got my suppressor.
She still out shoots me.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is a 1988 German. Refinish and Sig SSP as soon as I got it and to Sig Armorer for trigger work after. Original barrel. No idea of round count before I got it but around 2K by me.
31 years old and shoots like new.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16068 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
Purchased in 2004; about 13k through it so far. The only routine maintenance/repairs has been changing the recoil spring and replacement of a bent slide catch lever that was damaged at a training class. As for modifications, I replaced the factory guide rod for a Bedair (RIP) stainless. I also had Sig install some xRay3 sights last year.

Posts: 1295 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
My 94 era two tone is the pistol I started my career with. It rode patrol and swat duty until I switched over to the 1911 platform many years later, went through a high round count academy, swat academy, numerous training courses, weekly training sessions and more. I've only replaced the recoil spring about 3 times and it wasn't due to anything other than I felt I should. It had 2-3 malfunctions during the early years when the department budget had us shooting lead remanufactured reloads for training. With factory ammo, it's never missed a hitch. Conservative estimate is around 50-60,000 rounds...likely a bit more. I haven't shot it in years and typing this is making me want to dust it off!

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P-226 purchased in late '95

Easy 10,000 probably closer to 15,000.
Had a trigger job done. Springs replaced. Hogue grips.

Damn thing is laser accurate!
I miss carrying it.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I own, or have owned, several P226 in all three of the calibers offered. Of the 9mm ones I probably have 12K rounds total through them, with the highest individual round count @ 8-9K.

As this subject has come up numerous times in the past there have been many reported high round count guns.

- One of Bruce Gray's personal P226 9mm was used for duty, competition training, class training, and as a test bed for GGI work and from his estimated round counts it had @ 75K.

- One member reported seeing a British Gun Club P226 9mm with a documented 80K rnds. with just various small parts replaced.

- One member reported 65K rounds through their P226 9mm.

- One member had started a thread monitoring his progress with a P226 Navy, and documented as he reached various round counts and what maintenance he was performing, as well as pics of the wear at certain rnd. counts, and he reached 50K before he stopped updating the thread.

- Then, of course, there is the infamous thread in which one member who carried and shot a P226 9mm during his service in the Navy, posted pics of one example in the armory that, due to both its age and the given training routine and round counts for work-ups, estimated that it had 1 million rounds through it...at which point it suffered a broken frame rail.

There are too many variables in lifespan to guarantee any round count, but there are more than enough examples of high round count P226s to confirm that the design is both reliable and durable...but one of the keys is proper lubrication and maintenance.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't been shooting it lately as I am now 100% into using a red dot for pistol use. But my oldest 226 is a bit over 50K. Changed the recoil springs on a semi regular basis. Changed the trigger bar spring once just because one on another 226 (in .40 so you don't want a report on it but similar rounds) had an issue.
Lubed and occasionally cleaned.
Not sure of the reason for your post, but wearing out one of these is unlikely, and the parts consumed are trivial. FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Purchased a West German 226 in the late 90s. It had a LE magazine in it when I purchased it, so I believe it was a prior LE pistol and it had several "smiles" on the barrel and visible wear on the slide rail finish. Unknown round count, but regular monthly slow fire target range shooting with mostly 115 gr WIN White box. It's been a safe queen since 2005. Never broke a part. I did drop in a new recoil spring, trigger return spring (had to change the grips) after reading about the 5K interval here.

Best I can you is to read bruce grey's and flork's posts and regularly lube and inspect your pistol.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first 226 is has '95 birthday. I bought new. It has an action enhancement, SRT, and TFO's...other than that it's stock. I've used it for IDPA, several classes, plinking, etc. without any problems. I've replaced all the springs once and the recoil spring a couple of times in 65,000 rounds.

My second 226 also has a '95 birthday. I bought is "as new". It has probably less than 500 rounds through it. I put a SRT and TRO's on it. I only put about 15,000 rounds through this one.

My third 226 is a MK25 with a '18 birthday. I just got it a few months ago. I've put a short reset trigger, SRT, and TFO's on it but have only put about 500 rounds down range but it may be the best shooter of the bunch.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 726 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I did not purchase a P226 until about 1993. After all I already had P220s, who needed a 9MM?

I am not one to keep spreadsheets of logs on rounds fired, but it is easily over 10,000. Probably not more then 20,000

No parts have been changed except for the Nills Grips and a threaded barrel

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I have one manufactured sometime around 2003-2004, and another from approximately 2009. The older pistol has thousands and thousands through it. I've changed recoil springs several times. I wager there's well over 5,000 rounds through that gun. Maybe even 7,000. The younger gun is probably at around 2,000 or so.

I cannot recall having a malfunction with either pistol. They've been excellent guns and I still find them a joy to shoot.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
34 rounds.
I know this because I still have the box with 16 remaining.
That was in 2004.
I got it from Ordnance Outsellers when they sold the Navy's with the U at the start of the serial number.
At the time it was the first 9mm I ever owned and I really didn't care for them. I have since really warmed up to the 9mm and have several.
But the P226 is still the safe queen.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK I have zero rounds through a very large number of odd/rare 226's. Those have never required any parts or springs. They (the guns) seem perfectly content with all that. Just to make sure we cover the bases like kr350psd.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post