SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    El-Nickel P226
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

El-Nickel P226 Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone on the forum own an El-Nickel Sig? This P226 is a JH Date code that I purchased in 2011.
Thanks,

Posts: 870 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Don't know what happened to your original thread. But, I had one, bought it from another member, but has since sold it. Same as yours, JH (1987) Tysons Corner with the mudrails and all. Here are some pics.

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to figure out how to resize the photo's!
Thanks

Posts: 870 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S/N's are 16 off.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hurstolds1:
Does anyone on the forum own an El-Nickel Sig?

No. But after looking at these I wish I did. Looks great!

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I'll have to check, but that serial looks real close to my fathers 226EL.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I'll have to check, but that serial looks real close to my fathers 226EL.

Can you take some pics?

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The barrel is plated. That doesn't look right.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The barrel is plated. That doesn't look right.

These early Ni SIGs were plated in their entirety, down to the sights and the roll pins. Later ones, in the 90s, only frames and slides and controls were plated.

Here is another example of the early factory Ni SIG, a 1986 (JG) P225. Everything is plated.
Grips are Hogue's Extreme Aluminum Checkered Gloss black.

Q

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Also, these early ones tend to have a duller look than the later ones. Not sure if Klein did these early ones, or they were actually done in W. Germany.

Q

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Also, these early ones tend to have a duller look than the later ones. Not sure if Klein did these early ones, or they were actually done in W. Germany.

My recollection is ones with nickeled sights were done in Germany, the Klein guns have standard black sights and normal barrel (as previously mentioned).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Man those are beautiful!!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
No association with Summit Gun but he has one for sale.

P226 Nickel

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
I have a JH nickel 226 U 147-193.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onpointgun:
No association with Summit Gun but he has one for sale.

P226 Nickel

That's a KA (1990) or KB (1991) based on serial number, and it looks typical of the Klein plated SIGs. Don't know if he has the original box, but the grips, screws, and the mag definitely don't belong on that gun.

Q

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by black1970:
I have a JH nickel 226 U 147-193.

Post pics, if you want to. No doubt yours will be just like the two JH PP26s and the JG P225 above. Cool

Q

posted Hide Post
Nice guns.

Are they all priced like the one from the link?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thumbbreak
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Wish I had one. Many p226s, no bling. Frown

Posts: 192 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
A couple of Klein plated KB P226s. The difference from the early Ni SIGs is noticeable.

Q

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 12131:
A couple of Klein plated KB P226s. The difference from the early Ni SIGs is noticeable.

Yes, The Sig El-nickels are very similar to the Colts during that era. I assume it was a very similar process.The SMA and Gold Cup are from 1980.