SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Canik Elite
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canik Elite Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have a Canik Elite, have heard great reviews..............Thoughts and comments please Thank You

Posts: 900 | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've handled and shot the "normal" TP9 and thought it was nice enough. Basically a P99 clone but the Canik seems to be doing a little better.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Meh, with the 38 other quality pistols out there, that have aftermarket support, I have to ask why?

I get that it’s cheap. But, if you’re making a decision based upon price alone, you are ignoring M&P 2.0s in the 350 range.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
I have one and really like it. It looks good, feels good and shoots good. I've probably fired around 400 rounds of mixed FMJ and defense JHP (HST and GDHP) and it has been 100% reliable. IMHO it is a very underrated and often overlooked pistol. As mentioned, the aggressive pricing of S&W and other compacts in category serves to lessen its price advantage. But, I have M&Pc's, some G19s (including Gen 5) and some P320's and the Canik has a place in my carry rotation. I prefer the Canik trigger over the M&Pc 1.0 or 2.0 I can't say how it might hold up to heavy use over time but I rarely put more than 1,000 rounds thru any of my pistols.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly nice trigger for a low cost gun. And the Elite is more G19 sized vs G17 size for the rest of the TP9 line.

But I'm with Jerry here. An M&P 2.0 is the deal right now. When Canik's competition was $450-500+ guns, and they were $300-ish, they were interesting. But with the M&P 2.0 down in the $350 range, I can't see buying the Canik.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Same here. The Canik is a fine pistol at the price point but the M&P 2.0 is an absolute STEAL at the same price.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for response, they say the trigger is almost as nice as Walther PPQ
the fact that it has a nice price tag is a bonus
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Meh, with the 38 other quality pistols out there, that have aftermarket support, I have to ask why?

I get that it’s cheap. But, if you’re making a decision based upon price alone, you are ignoring M&P 2.0s in the 350 range.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by searay215:
quote:

For many shooters, the level of aftermarket support they are concerned w/ amounts to holsters and replacement sights. The TP9 series is doing fine in that regard.

I have or had a PPQ, VP9, P10C, and two TP9s. The Canik triggers rate right up there w/ the best of factory striker-fired pistols. Someone may bring up something obscure like an Archon Type B or Hudson H9, and OK, you stumped me there.

I had two M&P 1.0s and have a 2.0. As far as triggers, IMHO, the TP9 is head and shoulders better than the M&P. There's more to a gun than its trigger though, which is why I traded away my PPQ and TP9s.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
I shoot the TP9 SFX more accurately than any other gun I've ever shot. I don't know what it is: trigger, grip, balance, etc., but it's undeniable. Any time I take it to the range I shoot it like a laser. Other guns take much more effort.

People always recommend you try different guns to see which you do better with, and this gun made me understand why. You're not likely to find one to rent so either find someone local on the interwebs that'll let you try theirs, or bite the bullet. The gun market is so soft right now I would not expect much resale value (from any gun really, but especially a Canik).

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smith Wesson Triggers cant compare to Walther PPQ trigger...Night and Day........Trying to find a friend or GS that will have one to test a Canik Elite

quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
Originally posted by searay215:
quote:

For many shooters, the level of aftermarket support they are concerned w/ amounts to holsters and replacement sights. The TP9 series is doing fine in that regard.

I have or had a PPQ, VP9, P10C, and two TP9s. The Canik triggers rate right up there w/ the best of factory striker-fired pistols. Someone may bring up something obscure like an Archon Type B or Hudson H9, and OK, you stumped me there.

I had two M&P 1.0s and have a 2.0. As far as triggers, IMHO, the TP9 is head and shoulders better than the M&P. There's more to a gun than its trigger though, which is why I traded away my PPQ and TP9s.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Can you make your thread title more descriptive so people don't have to click in to see why you've posted.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a TP9 and have had a great experience with the gun. As mentioned by others the Canik trigger is excellent. I go to Front Sight several times a year. During the pre-class safety check the staff examines each pistol to be sure it's safe. Bore check and trigger press are conducted. I'm frequently asked, "Have you had the trigger worked on?" I haven't, it came that way out of the box.

The reset is very short.

I'm giving thought to buying another Canik because I would like to upgrade the front sight. I imagine I could mill the front sight and install something but the cost of doing so wouldn't make sense.

I would buy a Canik without hesitation. Excellent firearm.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post