SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P938 Owner Questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P938 Owner Questions Login/Join 
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted
I picked up my new P938 today, and when I got home I noticed a couple things. Perhaps you guys who are more knowledgeable about this can help.
First, the extractor sticks out a little. Is this correct? Or is it supposed to be flush?

And, when I insert the (empty) magazine that came with the gun, it stops about 2 inches in. I can push it, or slap it, and it will seat fully in as it should. Three other mags purchased separately also do this. Will this eventually fix itself? Or is this a problem I would have Sig fix?

Thanks everyone!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2837 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I have two P938 and with both the extractor sticks out just a little so that is normal. On both of them if you stick the magazine in gently, they stop 1-2 inches in. On one of them it goes the rest of the way in very easy and if you were to shove the magazine in then you would not even notice the stop. On the other one, it takes a little more force to push the magazine in the rest of the way, but again if I shove it in from the start with force I don’t notice it.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I am relieved.

I didn't see any obvious wear on the magazine itself, but I still didn't want to ruin anything. All my magazines release fully and correctly too.

Now I can clean it, and get ready to shoot it!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2837 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Your first gun?

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too own two model p938s. Same on mags and same on extractor as yours.....that is normal.

Over the years I've developed the habit of pressing in the mag release when inserting a mag. Typically at the range I turn the gun handle up,squeeze mag release and drop the mag in, release mag release, turn right side up, slap bottom of mag.

I do this because I feel slapping a mag into the gun brings about undue wear on the mag release mechanism.....I could be wrong but after 50 years of shooting and firing tens of thousands of rounds I've never had to replace a mag release mechanism.

Next: I want you to reach your arm back and pat yourself on the back. You made an excellent choice in a firearm. The 938 and 238 are my everyday carry depending on dress and situation, and have been since 2013.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post