SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    And I Was So Excited
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And I Was So Excited Login/Join 
Picture of Ironbutt
posted
The mail person delivered my new Legion secret squirrel stuff today. Nice case! It might actually be useful if it had a hendle.

I looked at the coin & while the packing slip stated "Legion 226 SAO", the coin was for the 229. I don't even know what a challenge coin is for, but I figgered I ought to have the correct one, so I called cs. They said they'd get one out to me.

Before I put the case on the large stack of pistol cases in the basement, I decided to check & sure enough, it's for a 229. So I guess I'll have to call them again.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you. I looked at one at my ffl dealer not long ago and would love to get one.

Posts: 6870 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The idea of a challenge coin is if someone in the same group produces theirs and you don't have yours on you, you owe them a drink.

After 20+ years in the Army, and a pile of coins, I've never actually had to buy a drink (and I never carry any around). In the Army they are typically given out as awards by commanders and sergeant majors to soldiers for good performance, or bought by soldiers for souvenirs of being in that unit.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The challenge coin is goofy marketing, whatever. The case is nice but like you, without a handle it is less than useful. Not that I actually would have used it but a handle seems like a reasonable request.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Good for you. I looked at one at my ffl dealer not long ago and would love to get one.

I've only been able to get it to the range one time & shot 200 rounds through it & it really impressed me.

I have an old plain jane 226 that I've always really liked. A friend, who is a Glock guy, thought he'd like the SAO. He took it to the range once, shot 50 rounds through it & decided he hated it. I got it for $800.

I'm not really interested in the Legion stuff, but the seemingly minor improvements over a regular 226 & the SAO make it a winner for me. I think in timed drills it's going to give my Wilson CQB a run for the money.

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Now we need a range report. Wink

Posts: 6870 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got it for $800

I hate you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
I got it for $800

I hate you.

Yeah, really! The guy said that Sigs and the SAO in particular, aren't for him, asked $800 & I couldn't get the cash out of the gun safe fast enough & get it to him.

As for a range report, I only had my super expensive Wal Mart 10" paper plates with me, & I was shooting a little left at 10yds. At 25yds, I wasn't on the paper, so I may have to drift the rear a bit. I'll take larger targets next trip to see how far off I am. While shooting the steel at 25yds, I hit every time, but the 25yd steel at my club is 18".

My friend that I shoot with often has a Pact timer & we do what we call the "10 drill." We take 2 mags & load 5 rounds in each, then from the high ready, shoot the 10 rounds (with the reload), at a 10" target, at 10yds, in 10 seconds. The only gun that I can do it consistantly with is my Wilson CQB, but this SAO feels faster. We'll have to see.

Thomas Sowell

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
The challenge coin is goofy marketing, whatever. The case is nice but like you, without a handle it is less than useful. Not that I actually would have used it but a handle seems like a reasonable request.

I agree completely.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, at least they put a handle on the Legion Umbrella...

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/legion-umbrella.html

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GP229:
Well, at least they put a handle on the Legion Umbrella...

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/legion-umbrella.html

Ooh...'reverse closure technology'...and all along here I thought ALL umbrellas did that when the wind goes all kamikaze on you. Well, at least it's not a parasol...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local shop in my area had the same gun for 899 with 6 or 7 magazines. Gun is in mint condition but I've got my sights set on a MPX K pistol with 4" barrel and collapsable arm brace which is going to set me back close to 2 after taxes. I'm not a big fan of SAO guns either and really don't need another 9mm sitting in the safe.

Posts: 1624 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post