SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    226 dak question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 dak question Login/Join 
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted
Guys my local pawn shop has a nib 226 marked as 226 sao.

I know i should know this a had a 226 dak a few years ago,but sold the gun.

How do i know for sure it is the sig dak system.

I can pull trigger and the hammer comes back about 1/4 and stops,trigger goes forward.i can then pull trigger and the hammer goes all the way back and then drops.

The hammer looks like my 226 dak gun i foolishly sold.

Is this the dak trigger?thanks for advice gents

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weight. The DAK is noticeably lighter than the DAO. The pre cock position you describe sounds like DAK, but I've never handled a true DAO Sig to know if they do it, too.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:
Guys my local pawn shop has a nib 226 marked as 226 sao.

I know i should know this a had a 226 dak a few years ago,but sold the gun.

How do i know for sure it is the sig dak system.

I can pull trigger and the hammer comes back about 1/4 and stops,trigger goes forward.i can then pull trigger and the hammer goes all the way back and then drops.

The hammer looks like my 226 dak gun i foolishly sold.

Is this the dak trigger?thanks for advice gents

I assume the portion I placed in bold is a mis-type and you mean DAO. A SAO should have a manual safety.

The DAO and the DAK will have different hammers.

There are several threads that have pictures of the various SIG hammers...here is one of them posted by member Sigfreund.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5140070834

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If it has a DAK hammer, it has a DAK trigger.

I do not have a photo of a single action only hammer, but left to right:
standard DA/SA, “sport” DA/SA, standard DAO, “bobbed” DAO, DAK

Without a spur on the hammer, it could not be manually thumb cocked as would sometimes be necessary if it was single action only.

Also, an SAO hammer should not move back from its uncocked position if the trigger is pulled. What you describe is exactly what is possible with a DAK system if the hammer is fully forward to start with: pulling the trigger about a quarter of the way or so moves the hammer to the reset position, and it will stay there if the trigger is released. Then if the trigger is pulled again all the way through its stroke, the hammer will move back until it’s released and falls forward.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clear the 226, dry fire it and hold trigger back. Pull slide all the way back and let it go into battery while holding trigger back, then while releasing the trigger you will feel the two reset points. If you do feel the two resets it is a dak.

Posts: 140 | Location: Western New York | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
Thanks sig pro's.

Thanks to sig's picture's,the gun is a dak,railed 226,nib for 450.00.Going to go get it.

I really liked my 226 dak i sold.

I know it is not evryones trigger system,but i sure liked mine.

This is the first 226 dak i have seen with a rail.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
You are not alone for liking DAK Big Grin

(DAK addict Smile )

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
I also love my DAK’s

Posts: 1231 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
So, tuumunz....

Could you at least go back and correct your original post?

I'm still trying to figure out why you are interested in a Single Action Only P226 at your local shop when you regret getting rid of your Double Action Only P226?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post