SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig DA/SA P220 P224 P225A1 P226 P227 P228 P229 M11A1 Reduced Mass Performance Hammers update
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig DA/SA P220 P224 P225A1 P226 P227 P228 P229 M11A1 Reduced Mass Performance Hammers update Login/Join 
Picture of BullBarrel
posted

...Finally ! Getting 'em done.

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
How long till they are available?
I just installed the semi curved trigger and am pretty impressed with it.
Definitely getting the hammer and dropping it in.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also interested. How difficult is it to replace the hammer?

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This is the first I'm hearing about this modification. What purpose does it serve, besides ever so slightly lightening the gun?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
https://www.armorycraft.com/pr...-skeletonized-hammer
Will ship Nov 30

Looks like if you want one for $89 better get in on the pre-order. Price goes up $10 after they are in stock and shipping.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
This is the first I'm hearing about this modification. What purpose does it serve, besides ever so slightly lightening the gun?

same question here.

(if nothing else, it looks cool)

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
Gents, the "cool looks" are the LAST on the priority list.

If you would like to find out more about this hammer, please click on the above link posted by powermad and read the description / performance attributes etc.
Thank you.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
For folk who don't want to have to click and go look, here is what the web site for them says:

"The purpose of a reduced weight hammer, (just like a reduced weight firing pin), is to reduce the lock time, which makes it easier to get a reliable low weight trigger pull.

Reduced mass hammer will produce *higher velocity* which gives a better energy transfer from the mainspring to the firing pin. (i.e., you can technically use a lighter mainspring - which gives a lighter trigger pull) and still get reliable primer ignition.

Of course there is a fine balance between reduced weight and structural integrity (or having the mass reduced too much for reliable strikes). Our hammers are ABSOLUTELY designed with this in mind and are designed to achieve this balance. Our skeletonized reduced mass hammer uses the lineage, reliability and mechanics of the legendary SIG X5/6 SuperMatch hammer as its baseline of performance

This hammer has several advantages - it will be manufactured via precision EDM machining out of 'tool steel' that will be hardened....and yes, there will be special attention paid to the hammer hooks, so the trigger pull will be smoother."

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one on pre order since Oct 8. Will report back once I get it. Hopefully soon.
I am very satisfied with their adjustable triggers. I am also waiting for them to release their straight adjustable trigger for SAO P's.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FlaSigUser,

Posts: 20 | Location: South Florida | Registered: November 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The hammers look beautiful. I always see EDM parts as gems. Nice offering.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post

.....successful testing with 19 and 17 lb hammer springs and ammo with harder primers.