SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The new and the old: Sig Trailside competition and Hammerli Sport
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The new and the old: Sig Trailside competition and Hammerli Sport Login/Join 
posted
So, this arrived in great shape today from Chris. Boy does it shoot, eggs great at 35 yds. I Put the match dot on and tightened it down. It was about 4 inches high at 35 yds. I lowered the dot 16 clicks and it was spot on.

So, what exactly is this little gun. As Chris posted in his classified add it is a Xeese, the updated version of the trailside. The poor mans version of the hammerli 208. He had ordered this with Larry's custom guns trigger, optic rail, and matchdot.

So what exactly is the difference between the two, Why buy a Xeese over the 600 dollar trailside comp.

In my research, and i may be wrong, these are the following differences.

As far as i know there are a few upgrades or differences between the two.

One the hammerli is a drilled and sleeved barrel. Versus the sig which is not.

The sig has a two point adjustable trigger, the hammerli has a 3 point.

The sig shipped as a single stage trigger, but configurable to 2 stage via 1 set screw adjustment.

The Hammerli was shipped as a 2 stage trigger.

Sig plastic trigger hammerli metal

Hammerli has the area around the take down latch beefed up, to combat the frame splitting that can happen on the trailside. Due to using ammo other than standard velocity. This is rumored, i am not sure how accurate it is. I have seen it referenced in several places.

Here it is with its older Sig Trailside I picked up last year. I now have it making tiny holes also.

You may remember from last year. I was having issues and asked for help here. I have resolved the issues complete by doing the following. I believe the combination of the three to have resolved my issues. My used Trailside had been tuned to a 2 stage trigger. Something I was unused to on a 22lr pistol.

1 I needed a weight on the underside. I chose 90 gram weight from Larry's Guns.

2 I needed to get used the European two stage trigger. To be honest this was the biggest issue.

3rd, I did this at the same time as putting the barrel weight on. I moved over to using vfg cleaning pellets to clean the barrel. Since doing this, all of my 22lr pistol groups in all of my 22lr pistols have shrunk noticeably.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DSgrouse,

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post