SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 American question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 American question Login/Join 
posted
A few months ago I found a new P-210 American at my LGS. Since it's been on my buy it now list for a while I bought it. It's the standard model with fixed sights and a non-target grip.
Short story is I like it and despite the 8 round capacity I've used for IDPA ESP division and the capacity didn't hold me back. In fact I finished higher than previous efforts with a 10+ round pistol. I'm really into 2 gun shooting these days and it's going to be my secondary for sure this weekend. It's not going to be babied, it's going to get shot, a lot.

My question is this; does anyone make new grips that will fit the American model ? Ideally G10 golfball grips like my Colt Government wears. I just want something grippier and more rugged than the nice standard wood.

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum. I don't know of anyone offering G10 grips for the 210 American at the moment. Hogue just released their hardwood grips for that model and have released some great G10 grips for other SIGs in the past but don't seem to offer them for the 210 American yet.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
IIRC, Ken did say G10 grips for the P210A were planned? There's a thread around here somewhere.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
working on them.......

Will post as soon as I can, when available.

Woods are available. We are doing a running change on the wood grips, adding checkering to the backstrap. When this change has been complete we will update our web page with pictures and I will post here for all to see.

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update, Ken!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of King of Useless Knowledge
posted Hide Post
Finally another person who owns the P210 Standard. Its become my favorite range gun with about 1800 rounds through it now. I wish I could get some grips that weren't wood also

Posts: 38 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: May 07, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken @ Hogue Inc:
working on them.......

Will post as soon as I can, when available.

Woods are available. We are doing a running change on the wood grips, adding checkering to the backstrap. When this change has been complete we will update our web page with pictures and I will post here for all to see.

Thank you, nice to have you here ! I use mine for competition so some G10 golfball pattern with vertical groves on the back strap would be awesome. I like the vertical groves because they allow my hand to slide up high into the grip tang. For a high grip please pattern the grips as high as possible. The wood is nice but I'm going to beat them up. How about nylon if not G10?
As an update: I used it today in our local two gun match. The pistol is a secondary so it isn't emphasized but a poor performance with a pistol will hold one back. Mine didn't and the 8 round capacity didn't either. Many use Glocks with RMR's and extended mags but they didn't come into play this time. Shoot the pistol accurately and 8+1 is enough. It was a hot humid day with a light rain shower, something grippier than the slick wood would be nice!
Regards

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by King of Useless Knowledge:
Finally another person who owns the P210 Standard. Its become my favorite range gun with about 1800 rounds through it now. I wish I could get some grips that weren't wood also

+1, also "rubber" & smaller sized.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post