SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Agency Arms 119 Comp for the FN 509T. Short Review
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Agency Arms 119 Comp for the FN 509T. Short Review Login/Join 
Picture of rockchalk06
posted
Long story short, I was unable to find a local source for an H&K VP9-B project, so I went a different route. I wanted to stay all local on this build even if it costs me a bit more. I ended up saving more than I thought I would.

My dealer was able to order me the Agency Arms 119 Compensator for the 509 at Agency's cost and still make a few bucks. The 509T had been sitting in his shop for some time. Even with all the panic buying, it was still in stock and he cut me a great deal.

Comp was easy to install and they even even tossed in a small vile of red loctite. I watched their video on it and the Sage Dynamics video on the comp and was an easy install. Timed the comp to the slide, used blue loctite on the set screws and torqued to 20 inch pounds. Let it set for 48 hours and hit the range this morning.

Started off with 115 grain Monarch brass cased FMJ. This is good ammo, but weak. I've never had it fail to run in any of my weapons, but its barely above a midget mouse fart in terms of recoil. 50 rounds of this all fired with no issues. Brass was only ejected about 2 feet from the weapon though. I'll keep this away from the 509 just incase, but it did run. Didn't feel a huge improvement over running this without the comp, but it is pretty weak stuff.

Ran 50 rounds of 115 grain Blazer Brass FMJ, 50 rounds of Browning 124 grain FMJ and 50 rounds of Federal AE 124 grain FMJ. All ran perfect and ejection pattern was good. No worries there. There was a slight noticeable gain on follow up shots. When I ran the weapon fast, my dot never left the silhouette target at 7 yards.

Lastly, I ran 50 rounds of Federal HST 124 grain Plus p. I only had 100 rounds of this left on hand as I moved to 147 grain standard pressure for compact and full size carry and 124 grain standard pressure for short micro barrels. Wow is that sumbuck loud! Like shooting an AR indoors loud. I could feel the report in my hand, but the comp did it's job and then some. I zeroed my RMR at 10 yards with 147 grain HST standard pressure before hand and noticed this plus p was about 1/2"-3/4" high at the same distance. When benched and freehand at 25 yards, my groups were well within the 4" bullseye and I could not tell a difference. I'll leave the dot where it is.

This will not be a carry weapon due to it's size, but it will be pulling duty at the house. I am going to stock back up on some plus p 124 grain in HST and GD when Bone Frog prices come down.

This was a blast to shoot. Not a bad upgrade too. I paid 110 plus tax for it. It was designed for the 509, so the lines are sweet. Dual port and still doesn't extended past my X300U-A. I checked my set screws and both are still locked up good. I backed my torque wrench down to 18 inch pounds and was unable to break it loose.

Thanks for you time SF

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Nice! I had a 509 T that I had the comp on for awhile. Fun to shoot with the RMR and comp but I shot it more with the suppressor.

I ended up selling the whole thing because my duty/ carry is a Glock and I decided to keep it all consistent.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure does look neat. I've only just started to play with comps myself.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post