SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19's Extractor broke.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19's Extractor broke. Login/Join 
sick puppy
posted
I think it did, anyway. Here's the picture:

A broken extractor would fit the trouble the gun's been giving me on the last couple range visits - sporadic stovepipes, double-feeds, and general FTE's.

I've been carrying this gun for a couple years but haven't shot it all that much, so I'm kind of surprised. then again, if it can happen at all, it'll happen to me. Cool

Anyway - I got on Brownells and see there are some options. Does it matter which one I get as long as it's 9mm? The one 9mm version that's in-stock has a couple negative reviews - something about the new style vs. the dipped extractor. Looks like midway has theirs in-stock, though. most other sites are out of stock or backordered.

If ya'll were needing to buy a new extractor, what would you get?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It happens. I went though that with my Gen 2 G19 a couple years ago. Started having FTEs, disassembled it, and noticed the extractor was chipped.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would just buy a new OEM extractor. Might as well replace that whole assembly while you’re at it.

Just because I’m curious—did you ever make a habit of loading a cartridge directly in the chamber with this gun?

Posts: 385 | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly I'd call Glock first. Ask which is the best version, tell 'em how much you love 'em and be peachy sweet and they're liable to send you one.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just because I’m curious—did you ever make a habit of loading a cartridge directly in the chamber with this gun?

nope. I broke my Beretta 92 extractor about 7 years ago dropping the slide on a round in the chamber, so I don't do that anymore Razz . I have no clue what caused this or when.

I may give glock a call, but I'll probably order the one from Midway anyway.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I put apex failure resistant extractors in each of my 4 G19s.

$50 or so from AIM surplus. Very nicely made part.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a difference in Glock factory OEM-extractors. There are the older ones without the LCI, loaded chamber indicator and the current ones with the LCI. Also you have to get the correct spring loaded bearing to match your extractor. 9mm is black in color, but you just need to know if your extractor is a pre-LCI or has the LCI and order the correct part. Might also just want to swap out the whole plunger assembly too. The rod, spring, and bearing. Check our Glockstore.com.
I’d also do a complete slide strip, disassembly, and clean.

Posts: 268 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post