Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Type 1 RMRs Login/Join 
posted
It appears that Trijicon has released the Type 2 RMRs and that the Type 1 units are being cleared out. Are these a good buy at $350 or is a guy better off buying the newer unit?

Posts: 325 | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Seems like the type 2 have better battery contacts to take the battering semiautomatic pistols dish out. The type 1 is more suited for long gun mounting.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Where are you seeing them for $350?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3184 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cabela's

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Where are you seeing them for $350?

Cabelas is at $348 but I'd have to pay tax. This is where I first noticed it. Then I saw Optics Planet at $385 with no tax and free shipping, so it would end up about the same. A local guy has 2 NIB at $350 each.

I haven't really dug into this, but it seems that the Type 1 units are being moved out of the way.

posted Hide Post
Based on my experience I would pay the extra to get a type 2 to mount on a moving pistol slide. If you are mounting it in some other way there is no need.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have 3 type 1 RMR’s, all mounted on pistols. All have $10 anti-flicker sealing plates and all work 100%. I love them and might get a 4th to put on a M&P 2.0 Compact.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
I just received one from Cabela's the other day.

An RM06 3.25 moa $371 shipped with two UTG rail mounts included ($50)!

It's a really hard deal to pass up, I put it on a lightweight AR I built, and couldn't be happier.

The sight picture is way better than the Aimpoint Pro I had mounted on my Sig 556.

But as others are saying, I have an RM07 on my P320, and had to send it in after only 250 rounds.

Trijicon will stand by the product, the cost saving is significant enough to give it a try, if it breaks, they will fix or replace it, no hassle.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure exactly your point. Yes most work fine. I've quite a few that also work fine. But sometimes they don't. That's why we have a type 2.

The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I’ve got several Type 1 RMRs that work fine. I had an issue with flickering on one of them. It’s mounted on a .300 Blk pistol AR. I bought a $10 flicker plate by Battle Werx from weaponoutfitters.com that solved my problem. Now I use the flicker plate on all of them.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I almost picked one up from Cabela's too, for mounting on my 5" M&P 2.0. But everyone tells me the Vortex are as reliable as a hammer. Plus they are cheaper, and have a better warranty. Wanted a Trijicon, but the math just did not add up on it.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rugman1
posted Hide Post
I got 2 of them when they went for $260 at Cabelas.

Before that I did not like them. Now ,after getting used to them they seem be very comfy to the eye/face on just about any firearm.

Posts: 967 | Location: VA | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a buddy who ended up with a type 2 replacement after his type 1's second trip to Trijicon to correct a flickering dot.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've noticed the dual illuminated has stayed the same since July when the type 2 was released. I wonder if this means that having a battery has been the root of most problems for Trijcon RMRs?

Posts: 25 | Location: North Texas | Registered: August 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh. yes. that's what changed the contacts on the battery.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcpd:
I've noticed the dual illuminated has stayed the same since July when the type 2 was released. I wonder if this means that having a battery has been the root of most problems for Trijcon RMRs?

Absolutely.

The problem is that the dual illuminated don't get much love from the non-competition side. Issues with brightness, particularly when transitioning between light and dark environments. No different than the Trijicon Reflex not really gaining a following.

There are a lot more positives than negatives with battery power.

posted Hide Post
Rifle - either one
Pistol - get the 2

Sound about right?

posted Hide Post
Yup from my experience.

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I have 3 type 1 RMR’s, all mounted on pistols. All have $10 anti-flicker sealing plates
Where do I get one of those?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3184 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Batte werx