SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P30L Gettin' my Wick on..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P30L Gettin' my Wick on.. Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
I recently picked up a P30SK V1, now jonesing for a 30L to go with it.

What trigger did you go with?

I have all three sizes of the LEM (the SK the standard P30 and the P30L) and just added this V3. I wanted the DA/SA trigger with the de-cocker.

I went back and forth over V1 or V3, the deal I got on the V1 pretty much settled it for me. V3 would have cost me another $200.

How does V3 SA compare with the V1?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dEX_RX:
Shes a sweet shooter! Get some reset reduction work done from any of the well renowned gunsmiths and its SO much better!

If you don't mind, who did the slide milling for you?

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

I went back and forth over V1 or V3, the deal I got on the V1 pretty much settled it for me. V3 would have cost me another $200.

How does V3 SA compare with the V1?

The SA reset is pretty much the same on both guns. All the light LEM is really just cool. I do like having the hammer and the long heavy trigger pull is doable

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Nice pistol.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bpnkrtn:
quote:
Originally posted by dEX_RX:
Shes a sweet shooter! Get some reset reduction work done from any of the well renowned gunsmiths and its SO much better!

If you don't mind, who did the slide milling for you?

Mark at L&M Precision Gun Works in North Carolina

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking. I am on the hunt for the P30

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cworetired:
Very nice looking. I am on the hunt for the P30

I just ordered a P30LS V3 9mm from Bud’s $578, I couldn’t say no!

Some real bargains is out there on P30 if you are interested in .40, the 9’s seem to be a bit harder and more $ though.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I knew what you meant with the title of this thread, but there's something just not right when someone says "getting my Wick on"... Big Grin

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I love shooting my P30L.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want eithe a P30 or the SK but not sure V1 or V3. I like the VP9 I have. Is the V1 trigger like the trigger on the VP9?

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cworetired:
I want eithe a P30 or the SK but not sure V1 or V3. I like the VP9 I have. Is the V1 trigger like the trigger on the VP9?

No.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a head's up for those wanting one, AIM Surplus has the P30s 9mm with a grey frame for $549.00. I want one so bad, especially since the prices are coming down. A couple weeks back I could have bought one for $499.00 and kick myself.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ That is nice, but I'm greedy enough to hold out for a steal on an L.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Just a head's up for those wanting one, AIM Surplus has the P30s 9mm with a grey frame for $549.00. I want one so bad, especially since the prices are coming down. A couple weeks back I could have bought one for $499.00 and kick myself.

That is a good price! If I didn't enjoy the 30L so much I'd probably get a 30s.
I just came in from shooting my L again with 3 different types of 124 fmj ammo. Standard velocity American Eagle, 124 Winchester NATO and Underwood 124 +P. The American Eagle and Winchester NATO stuff were great to shoot the +P stuff while very manageable wasn't as easy with follow up shots. All in all it was a fun time as usual shooting. This time I was chasing 20 gauge shot shells all over the lower range and the berm as well as ringing gongs.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post