SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    .25 ACP anyone --- I think this caliber is going away...
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
.25 ACP anyone --- I think this caliber is going away... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
This is what I want, except with bigger mags, like 30rd and 60rd. Suppressed too, then it would be .25 acp perfection!

Posts: 1574 | Location: Seattle | Registered: October 02, 2009Report This Post
Picture of MHolland
posted Hide Post
My aunt gave me an old chrome Raven 25. Anytime I'm about to shoot it I see that the ammo costs more than 9mm so I just by 9mm instead and shoot my Sig or HK....

Posts: 3317 | Location: SC Lowcountry | Registered: January 03, 2009Report This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
This thread impressed me. So much, that when I saw this 56 year old Baby Browning (made in 1961 per Browning web site) I promptly bought it. Just over $400 out the door at a small local gun shop.
It had just been released from a local estate and brought to the store earlier on the day I bought it.
I haven't shot it yet as it's still winter here. I did pick up a box of PMC ball ammo.
This is my first .25 ACP. I have .22 and .22 magnum rimfire firearms, but this will be my smallest caliber center fire pistol.
I field stripped the Baby Browning, it still has the bluing on the frame/slide rails.
There is a small amount of bluing wear on the front corners of the slide, otherwise it's a very clean example for it's age. It appears it was carried occasionally and fired very infrequently.

Sorry for the cell phone pictures...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cee_Kamp,

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Report This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Some nice looking little Mouse Guns you guys have!

I just had this leather pocket holster made for my Bauer 25ACP

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
'49 CZ "DUO", '43 F.Dusek "DUO" and '50 CZ "Z".

'43 F.Dusek with holster.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Report This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
GCE61,
Where did you get the pocket holster for your Bauer?
There aren't many choices for Bauer/Baby Brownings.
I was looking at a Lisa K. Hedley holster for my Baby Browning.

http://hedleyholsters.com/index.html

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The .25 ACP certainly isn't going away on my watch. How else would I feed my beloved old Seecamp?

We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
The .25 is very accurate - It isn't going anywhere..

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeff Cooper told the story of interviewing Hans-Ulrich Rudel, I believe, a WWII Stuka pilot famous for developing innovative tank-busting tactics.

Rudel carried as his personal sidearm a .25cal semi-auto, the make of which I don't remember, and Cooper asked why he chose such a small caliber. He responded, "I have always been an optimist."

I'm not that optimistic, but I understand the logic.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:

I have one of those for my PSA Baby clone. It's a great holster.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Report This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
GCE61,
Where did you get the pocket holster for your Bauer?
There aren't many choices for Bauer/Baby Brownings.

A fella named David Richardson at MakeItJones made it up for me. Nice guy in the UK, I think it was $41.00 total.
His email is MakeItJones.co.uk@gmail.com

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Report This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I recently shot a 1940's Baby Browning and it functioned flawlessly for the 30 rds we put through it.

I was able to hit my full sized, IPSC steel target that's 60 yds from my bench with a few rds. Hits resulted in a barely audible "ting".

Still....a Cool little pistol and a real piece of firearms History.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I just saw this thread. I picked up my first pocket gun yesterday. A Beretta Tomcat in 32acp. While not the much maligned 25acp. I do like the little guy.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I just saw this thread. I picked up my first pocket gun yesterday. A Beretta Tomcat in 32acp. While not the much maligned 25acp. I do like the little guy.

Nice pocket gun. I had one but sold it. Not a good idea to dry fire Tomcat without a Snap Cap. I didn't use Snap caps and broke two firing pins on my kitty.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Beretta 21A in .25. I picked it up about 6 years ago, and at the time I found some Fiocchi .25 ammo at a gunshow for $10/box. I keep my brass, and will someday pick up some dies, and reload for it. As it is, I don't really shoot it enough right now to reload for it. I carried it as a back up until I got my .32 Tomcat. I have some of the Winchester .32 Silvertips for the Tomcat. The problem with the Tomcat is that the frame can crack with "+P" handloads.

As .25's go, I'd like to get a CZ 45, but can get pricey. CZ makes the CZ 92, which is an updated 45, but due to the '68 GCA, can't be imported.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Man does this bring back fond memories!
I got my first .25 was a Raven and despite the zink slide it shot fairly decent if nowhere near the sights.
A few years later I picked up a Beretta 950BS and carried that thing everywhere!
It wowed me with its accuracy, could hit those little 3/4 sized juice bottles at 27yds. reliably, even bought one of those extended 15 shot mags that were on the market a few years ago and found it reliable enough too trust...made that little Jetfire really hum too!

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I just found a nice clean Colt 25 auto with the wood grips at a shop not far from me they wanted 299 for it . I did not buy it yet I thought it wood be gone but its still there. I did buy an old Walther number 4 in 25 auto from the old guy who lived beside me for 10 bucks and got the Manuel with it . I put a gouge in the top of my 1969 Plymouth Road Runner trying to shoot a porcupine with it it . front fender area

Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
I just found a nice clean Colt 25 auto with the wood grips at a shop not far from me they wanted 299 for it . I did not buy it yet I thought it wood be gone but its still there. I did buy an old Walther number 4 in 25 auto from the old guy who lived beside me for 10 bucks and got the Manuel with it . I put a gouge in the top of my 1969 Plymouth Road Runner trying to shoot a
porcupine with it it . front fender area

Wow, $299? What are you waiting for? Most Colts I've seen in average condition sell for almost $600!

I just picked up a Beretta 950BS that looks unfired w/box and papers for $350.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Report This Post