SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    .25 ACP anyone --- I think this caliber is going away...
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
.25 ACP anyone --- I think this caliber is going away... Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Found a Bauer several years ago and thought it was well made. Didn't cost what a Baby Browning does, and it is all stainless.

As I was buying stuff from my favorite toy store, he showed me a Galesi. Said he couldn't find a magazine for it, and if I wanted it, it was mine. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
.25 ACP anyone --- I think this caliber is going away...

Although comparatively expensive, I almost never fail to see it on the shelf in the places I frequent for ammo.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I bought a nickel beretta 950bs from a member here after a thread on them. Beautiful little gun.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Have a pair of beretta 950s sequential numbers. Great guns. Carried one in my pocket for almost 5 years.

They are fun to shoot. Never shot anything but fmj out of mine.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a Mauser WTP Series II

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I have two .25 pistols, my fathers and his fathers. $5.70 a box in the 70's.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7040 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Can it still kill you? Plenty of weapons to shoot it from? People still making ammmo for it?

Yes, yes, and yes.

Come back in 100 years and there will still be people using it.

Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Dang, ya'll got me pondering now...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Report This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I have a Frommer Lillput:

Haven't shot it yet(Field stripped it after purchase & extractor came out in 2 pieces). Finally found a replacement after 3 years of searching (in Poland of all places), as soon as it's put back together I'll shoot it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been a fan of the little Beretta for years.
My first was a 950 SAO in .22short. That was a DEEP pocket carry rascal.

A couple of 21a in .22LR came later and just a couple of days ago I put on lay away a SAO 950bs in .25acp. (1990 build)

The 21a feeding on CCI STINGER was impressive and accurate. However chamber cleaning was necessary after 40-50 rounds.

I read somewhere: "A mouse gun in your pocket is better than a .45 left at home".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GWbiker,

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
.25ACP is going to be around a long time.
I've had the 950 Beretta and the Baby Browning I liked them both. The nod goes to the 950. But the Baby Browning had the ahh factor. The 950 is purpose built and always worked. I had a Seecamp 25 I liked it better than my 32acp seecamp.
Still the 950 would be the one I'd carry if...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RANGER20,

Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I have a 950BS from about the same era as para's

posted Hide Post
Had a Bauer back in the 70's. It was well made, reliable and fun to shoot. Used it as a BUG for my GM 1911. Only issue I had was what condition to carry it in. Didn't like empty chamber and never really trusted the little safety.

Replaced it with a Seecamp .25, primarily for the DA trigger. Solved the problem.

It's amazing what these little guns will do in the right hands. In the mid 90's I was shooting a LOT. For fun, I'd use the Seecamp for man-on-man poppers (7 yards) with my defensive shooting group compadres. Nearly everybody was using 1911's back then. Pissed off a number of guys when I'd beat them using the Seecamp against their 1911's. Aim high on the popper and concentrate on fundamentals.

I still have it, but it has been replaced with a Seecamp 32. I've always used the little guns for BUG purposes, not primary carry.

As an aside, I had one of the Beretta tip up barrel .22 LR's. It was a fun, very accurate range gun. As you have probably read, the .22 LR tends not to be as reliable as the .25 in tiny guns. Eventually sold it.

Granted the .25 has no real "stopping power". However, nobody likes picking a half-dozen .25's out of their face.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Nah... My Beretta Jetfire has saved my pelt twice over the years. Best gun to carry when you are not carrying a gun... VI

Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
A 1908 vest pocket has always been on my short list. They are impossible to find here behind the iron curtain though. Confused

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Report This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
had a Beretta 950 BS,
lovely little gun, easy to hide in a pocket and shot well,

sold it off when I bought my Seecamp 32

I also have a Bauer 25 that my Dad had given my Mom years ago,

and a couple of the Astra Colt Jr's

those guns were made for a purpose, and will kill you dead in a jiffy

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Report This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dog44:
I have a Beretta 950. Nice little pocket pistol.

My wife's 950 is in 22short, but I had one briefly in 25. it was a fun little gun.

The local walmart still sells 25acp, so it cant be THAT hard to get. Big Grin

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
As the story was told. It was winter night as a young man was walking when a threat came out of the shadows with a knife ready to do harm. The young man pulled out his 25ACP and fired, the threat screamed, fell, dropped the knife, got up and ran away. While the threat was stopped, the young man never carried a 25 ACP again. Nothing less then 9mm since that time. As the story was told. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I know from personal experience the .25ACP is capable of one-shot stops. Might not be my first choice, but it's better than nothing.

Saluki
posted Hide Post
As far as defense goes, I was under the impression the .25 was more for stopping dogs while out on your bicycle ride. Presumably an early 20th century problem.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Report This Post