SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig MPX Copperhead
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig MPX Copperhead Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted

It looks like the aftermath of a barrel obstruction kaboom. Smile

"The MPX Copperhead features a monolithic Elite Series Cerakote® finish upper receiver, with an integrated stock knuckle lower, and a 3.5” barrel with integrated muzzle brake. The MPX Copperhead comes equipped with the new SIG SAUER Pivoting Contour Brace (PCB) giving pistol users a brace that easily adapts to the movement of the shooter's arm with a patented swivel operation for perfect placement, and can be rapidly deployed.

Unconventional design, unmatched performance, and familiar AR handling. The SIG MPX redefines the submachine gun category with a new level of operator safety, in-field adaptability and proven reliability in the harshest environments. Completely ambidextrous, the SIG MPX is great for left- or right-handed shooters with its dual-sided selector switch, magazine release, charging handle and bolt release. The SIG MPX operates from a fully-closed and locked rotating bolt, offering enhanced reliability and safety in use. A short-stroke gas piston allows the SIG MPX to run all weights and brands of 9mm ammunition with no adjustments to the gas valve."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Meh... I'm not sure why they felt the need to chop the barrel by a whole inch. Then re-release again. The Kurtz model is plenty short.

Yes... I get it. Copperhead & Rattler. But still. I vote dumb as the owner of a 8" MPX that I love.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I'ma gonna call my MPX "Black Mamba"!

Posts: 23436 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I'ma gonna call my MPX "Black Mamba"!

16" barrel?

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Kiddo, is that you?

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Aren’t we kinda getting to the point where a Glock 34 with a happy stick and dot on top makes way more sense????

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Should have named it the Sig MPX Freedom Nope Rope. They could have marketed it along with their "new" Tread rifle.

Where's the "No Step on Snek" pic?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Copperhead, Rattler and Scorpion. How long before Beretta, HK and FNH start with poisonous animal names for their pistol caliber carbines just so they can compete????

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Copperhead, Rattler and Scorpion. How long before Beretta, HK and FNH start with poisonous animal names for their pistol caliber carbines just so they can compete????

Nah, they don't need gimmicks.

Q

Posts: 26377 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Meh... I'm not sure why they felt the need to chop the barrel by a whole inch. Then re-release again. The Kurtz model is plenty short.

Yes... I get it. Copperhead & Rattler. But still. I vote dumb as the owner of a 8" MPX that I love.

First thing I thought of when I got the email. I have a 4” and wondered why anybody would need it shorter. Both my MPX and my Rattler fit in a standard sling pack from Vertx.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Maybe they should work on caliber conversion kits, or Gen II complete uppers for us Gen I owners, instead of this ugly BS.

If they can't slap a marketing buzz word on it you aren't ever gonna see it.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Nah, they don't need gimmicks.

^^^^^^^^^
There is truth in that comment. I do have a Scorpion that I have taken the time and effort to SBR. It’s a great shooting gun and at a significant savings from the MPX. I have to admit, that the Copperhead is interesting as I could throw it in my briefcase whereas my scorpion fits better in a backpack like my kids take to school.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
All it needs is the bayonet on the front. Sorry, whole lotta' NOPE!

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UGLY!

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Ok. Would somebody tell me what these short barrel pistol caliber...err pistols are for?

I honestly don’t know.

I can kind of understand a true SBR with FA as a PDW, but this is, I don’t know what it is.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why make one this short? Because 'Merica!

With this short of a barrel you could add a suppressor and keep the whole setup shorter than a MK18 style sbr/pistol.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 668 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MidWesternBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:

I still don’t understand why they discontinued the 8 inch. For me one of the points of a short barrel PCC is to gain some ballistics advantage of a longer barrel while being more compact than full 16 inch.
This thing looks like shouldering a pocket pistol.

—————————————————-
Rights do not require a need for them to be demonstrated. Otherwise they would be privileges.

Posts: 24 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: December 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:

B&T’s GHM has the best name...Grass Hopper Mouse.

As for the gun, I don’t see the point. I have several pistol caliber SBR’s. But I pick up a little extra barrel for the ballistics while getting something that shoots like a rifle.

Going with a 3.5 barrel just seems like I’ve got a huge unconcealable pistol for not much benefit. Plus, IMO, my support hand would be waaaaaay to close to the muzzle end for my liking.

Fun a range blaster only? Maybe, but even then, I’ll pass.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Maybe they should work on caliber conversion kits, or Gen II complete uppers for us Gen I owners, instead of this ugly BS.

That ship has sailed. Not going to see them.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, just wow.

Sig hit this one out of the ballpark -- for those who:
- drive a low rider with spinner wheels, curb feelers, and hydraulics
- wear a bunch of gold chains around their neck
- wear a baseball cap that's turned 45 degrees
- grab their their crotch with one hand while they shoot a pistol

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post