SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Grip Size Large/Small????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Grip Size Large/Small???? Login/Join 
posted
Checking out the Grip Modules on the Sig Site.
https://www.sigsauer.com/store...ip-module-45acp.html

I choose P320 Compact Grip Module.
One of the required fields is Grip Size :Small or Large.

I thought if I am choosing the P320 Compact Grip Module for .45 that there was only one size.

Can someone clarify?

Posts: 167 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
The 45 compact/medium grip shell has not been produced, yet, according to SIG. I've had one on back order for over a year hoping it will happen one day.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
The 45 compact/medium grip shell has not been produced, yet, according to SIG. I've had one on back order for over a year hoping it will happen one day.

Ok, but was is the difference between the sizes?
The S/M/L can't pertain to the grip size related to the magazine size as that would be reflect via its name Full, Compact, Carry, right?

Posts: 167 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
There are two measurements for the P250/P320 grip modules.

The first is length - for both the slide and the grip. This also determines mag capacity.
- Fullsize
- Compact
- Carry (Compact slide, Fullsize grip)
- Subcompact

The second is grip size or circumference. This measurement can be tweaked to the size of your hands.
- Small
- Medium
- Large

Also the .45 grip modules are a little larger than the ones for the other calibers. Unfortunately they're not interchangeable.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
In the smaller calibers (9/.40/.357), the factory Fullsize and Compact guns always come with a Medium circumference and you have to buy aftermarket Small or Large if needed. The Subcompact is available from the factory in both the Small which does not have a rail and the Medium which does.

I can't speak to the .45s though, sorry.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
In the smaller calibers (9/.40/.357), the factory Fullsize and Compact guns always come with a Medium circumference and you have to buy aftermarket Small or Large if needed. The Subcompact is available from the factory in both the Small which does not have a rail and the Medium which does.

I can't speak to the .45s though, sorry.

Interesting as I was not aware about the varying grip circumference. Would be nice if they changed it read something Small, Normal, Large or something to be more obvious.

Apparently they have 3 grip frames and each frame has 3 grip size. Thats a lot of versatility. Not sure why they don't advertise it as such.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TheQuestionGuy,

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
TheQuestionGuy,

I bought a 320 45 compact with small grip last weekend. I just got to try out a large size grip yesterday and it was actually too big (it is wider in circumference only (not longer)) for my taste. I have medium size hands and my pinky hangs off of the mag just slightly. I tried the large grip module to see if that would help, but it didn't.

Afterwards I went and shot the 320 and it actually felt very good in my hands with the small grip. I told my friend afterwards the only reason I would buy a different grip module now is if I bought an FDE or ODG grip to have the different colors.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
TheQuestionGuy,

I bought a 320 45 compact with small grip last weekend. I just got to try out a large size grip yesterday and it was actually too big (it is wider in circumference only (not longer)) for my taste. I have medium size hands and my pinky hangs off of the mag just slightly. I tried the large grip module to see if that would help, but it didn't.

Afterwards I went and shot the 320 and it actually felt very good in my hands with the small grip. I told my friend afterwards the only reason I would buy a different grip module now is if I bought an FDE or ODG grip to have the different colors.

I would really like to try/compare all three, but since the medium is the standard on the pistol I will stick with that as I don't have $$$ to toss away just to try something. Cool

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheQuestionGuy:
Apparently they have 3 grip frames and each frame has 3 grip size. Thats a lot of versatility. Not sure why they don't advertise it as such.

Actually, they have FOUR grips frames and three grip sizes.

Grip frames come in Subcompact, Compact, Carry (which is Compact slide and Full grip), and Full. All four theoretically come in three grip sizes, but availability is proving to be an issue.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At a recent Operation Specific training class I learned that those with medium hands would be best off with the size large grip module. I recently switched to the large, and the gun feels much more controllable. Note that I also flattened the side of the grips with a belt sander, and this made a huge difference. I can now feel where the gun is pointed to a much higher degree.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post