SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    XS f8 sights? Anyone compare them to the Ameriglo's?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XS f8 sights? Anyone compare them to the Ameriglo's? Login/Join 
posted
https://www.brownells.com/hand...XS%2bSIGHT%2bSYSTEMS

Saw these for the first time tonight. Looking to do a few pistols that I've picked up recently but these seem to be a bit more in cost than the Ameriglo operator style sights.

I've had AE sights in the past and they have been good performers. Just wondering how these compare to the HD's and Xrays etc.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
That front sight looks crazy wide. The trend (correctly so) is narrower front Sights not wider. Pass for me

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
That front sight looks crazy wide. The trend (correctly so) is narrower front Sights not wider. Pass for me

Until you hit 50, then wider starts looking pretty good.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

The front sight looks to be the same width as standard Trijicon HDs and Ameriglo i-dots, 2 of some of the most popular sights out in the market.

I still don't like the fact that these XS sights rely on loctite and set screws to secure the rear sight.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The standard HD is 0.140 and this sight is 0.160 so it is definitely wider. I do not like that the front sight takes up almost the entire rear sight notch.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post