SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SHOT 2016: Day One from the Floor
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
SHOT 2016: Day One from the Floor Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
Fantastic job Smile , as you do every year. It is very much appreciated by us all. If you get a chance can you stop by the CZ booth?
 
Posts: 985 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident BoneCrusher
Picture of 45R
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the updates LDD!


---------------------------
My Gallery
 
Posts: 9653 | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by drtenb330:
I know your time is vary valuable, and your write-ups are so full of information that I feel almost afraid to ask:


This is actually a good point for me to say a couple things.

1) I do intend to bring up the non-P320ness of the new "320 Target" to Ron Cohen and Tom Taylor (Chief Marketing Officer & Executive Vice President, Commercial Sales) when I interview them this afternoon.

I only have fifteen minutes for all three of us, but it is definitely on my list. It's #1 from my side. But there is also always a delicate dance of firmness and diplomacy--I see bringing this issue up as helping SIG. Hopefully I will be able to make the point.

2) In general, I've not been very pleased with my own progress here. Frankly, it feels like I'm walking in molasses. Freed from other professional limitations, I now find myself choosing between priorities (deep or wide coverage), and choice I've made feels like a necessary evil.

I have pretty much conceded the field in terms of breaking photos of a new product.

If that is the extent of your journalistic instinct and ethic, you're going to go very far, but not very deep.

If I just walked around SHOT with a cell phone and instagram account, I could probably finish the show in two days. But I'd also be unsatisfied--seems there are 101 outfits doing that these days.

It takes time to dive deep into a product and get to know it in every way short of shooting it.

But it's also frustrating because the total breadth of coverage feels lacking. Granted, right now I am in the middle of the action and perhaps don't have a good perspective, but I feel like I'm becoming a specialist in specific categories, which was never my vision.


Nothing in your reporting is lacking. The exact opposite is your result. I personally apologize if I added to any frustration. Your reporting is so detailed and dead-on with what our concerns are, you are our eyes and ears. We are blessed to have you putting to paper what you feel, and more so, with so much writing talent.
You have hit the concerns and the interests, more every year, and with increased access.
It's borne out by the relationship the forum has with SIG, and its purely as a result of the owner, moderators, and your reporting. You, Para, Gray Guns, everyone here has given us unbelievable insight, input and access to SIG (and I really hope they are listening). We all appreciate and thank you for the hard work, the physical work, the writing, and the thought process.
Maybe it has been taken for granted - and again I apologize if I added. Your reporting got it so right on the 320, last year on the MPX, and its obvious that SIG is listening. Thank you for giving us access to the show, and for the input you give back to SIG.
 
Posts: 1286 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Alma
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
This “P320 Target” was designed from the ground up as a competition gun.

Please, SIG, in the name of mercy, NO MORE PROPRIETARY ADJUSTABLE SIGHTS!!! Yours consistently suck, and the cut in the slide makes it impossible to put anything else on the pistol.


The adjustable sights currently on the target had a big LPA written on the side. I have a good picture if you are interested.
 
Posts: 243 | Location: Springfield, VA | Registered: November 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Alma
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
LDD if you have some time can you find out a few more things about the P320 Target.

- Will it meet all the USPSA requirements for Production Division?

- Will current P320 magazines work with it? If the grip angle has changed probably not.

- How does the grip feel compared to current P320? In the picture it looks like a block.

- Is the magazine well funneled?

Thanks for all the information you bring back to us. Your yearly shot threads are always the best.


1. That was the idea
2. Yes, but alternative base pads are required. I easily seated one of my P320 magazine that had a +6 basepad today confirm.
3. The grip feels good to me and is much better for those who use a high support hand, thumbs forward grip.
4. Yes. Additionally it's designed to accept an extended magazine well for when you aren't shooting Production. That had the extended magwell attached today I heard.
 
Posts: 243 | Location: Springfield, VA | Registered: November 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of WildSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alma:
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
LDD if you have some time can you find out a few more things about the P320 Target.

- Will it meet all the USPSA requirements for Production Division?

- Will current P320 magazines work with it? If the grip angle has changed probably not.

- How does the grip feel compared to current P320? In the picture it looks like a block.

- Is the magazine well funneled?

Thanks for all the information you bring back to us. Your yearly shot threads are always the best.


1. That was the idea
2. Yes, but alternative base pads are required. I easily seated one of my P320 magazine that had a +6 basepad today confirm.
3. The grip feels good to me and is much better for those who use a high support hand, thumbs forward grip.
4. Yes. Additionally it's designed to accept an extended magazine well for when you aren't shooting Production. That had the extended magwell attached today I heard.


Thanks for the verification's Alma. Kind of a bummer that it will take different base pads in order for the old magazines to work but maybe Wade up at Obsidian Arms will be able to come up with something for these. I don't think the 1/2 Full Grip Full Wing ones I have now would work.
 
Posts: 2051 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Alma
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:

Thanks for the verification's Alma. Kind of a bummer that it will take different base pads in order for the old magazines to work but maybe Wade up at Obsidian Arms will be able to come up with something for these. I don't think the 1/2 Full Grip Full Wing ones I have now would work.


I am sure Wade would help out.
You could easily modify standard P320 Factory base pads by chopping the wings off. The base pad that is on there now was being called the "FBI" base pad. Must be due to the current FBI competition.
The Springer Precision extensions should all work fine out of the box. I have personally preferred the Obsidian Arms ones because they extend the grip on my current P320, but they would sit a bit further back on this new gun since the front of the magwell is flared out.
 
Posts: 243 | Location: Springfield, VA | Registered: November 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alma:
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:

Thanks for the verification's Alma. Kind of a bummer that it will take different base pads in order for the old magazines to work but maybe Wade up at Obsidian Arms will be able to come up with something for these. I don't think the 1/2 Full Grip Full Wing ones I have now would work.


I am sure Wade would help out.
You could easily modify standard P320 Factory base pads by chopping the wings off. The base pad that is on there now was being called the "FBI" base pad. Must be due to the current FBI competition.
The Springer Precision extensions should all work fine out of the box. I have personally preferred the Obsidian Arms ones because they extend the grip on my current P320, but they would sit a bit further back on this new gun since the front of the magwell is flared out.


Thanks for the write up LDD and thanks Alma for the Team Sig hands on input! I am disappointmented that the Grayguns upgrades and Alma's Grip modifications are not built into the new P320 Target. I was mad that I didn't get notified about the Sig Sauer event at my local Clark County Range. I wanted to meet you guys in person. I have press credentials but I apparently have to get on a special list for next year. My favorite people in the business where I shoot weekly. Oh well.


Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member


 
Posts: 1465 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
If the Sig booth has a comments box, could you please fill out about 1000 cards with "Make a P320 in 10mm!"

Great coverage, thanks for doing a better job of explaining what's behind the pictures than most other coverage out there. It's much appreciated!
 
Posts: 151 | Location: St Louis, MO | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
LDD, thanks for a great, thorough, comprehensive report on SHOT. Hope they do "330 Target" Have sold Glock 34 & 35's to SWAT officers and 330, with suppressor ready sights could make inroads, if produced?

Always thought Glock made smart decision by having magazine compatibility could use larger capacity magazines, including 33 rd 9mm, in any smaller gun, except 42,43. Aero and Just Right pistol caliber carbines wisely use these magazines in their guns for maximum flexibility!
These carbines are great companions to Glock pistols. Was hoping MPX would have this same compatibility with Sig pistols and Sig would bring out higher capacity magazines to work in either MPX or pistols. I realize Sig magazines for a 226 will work in 229 or 224: but a 20 rd 9 is as high as they go. If Sig can have a threaded barrel 239, why not a rail version?
Many manufacturers offer mini/micro lights, including some with lasers included, so would seem to make sense?

LDD, keep up the good work!


www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662
 
Posts: 5081 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Alma
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrtuna:


Thanks for the write up LDD and thanks Alma for the Team Sig hands on input! I am disappointmented that the Grayguns upgrades and Alma's Grip modifications are not built into the new P320 Target. I was mad that I didn't get notified about the Sig Sauer event at my local Clark County Range. I wanted to meet you guys in person. I have press credentials but I apparently have to get on a special list for next year. My favorite people in the business where I shoot weekly. Oh well.


My grip mod work is the build in directly but the new Target grit module does give me a head start since there are already inset areas for grip tape which could also been filled with glue and grit. I don't know yet if the will be deep enough for me to fill without having to remove material but if so then it could turn a two hour job into a twenty minute one.
 
Posts: 243 | Location: Springfield, VA | Registered: November 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Bucky
posted Hide Post
Great coverage. Thanks. (Yeah, late to the game, but enjoying it nonetheless.)


Bucky Pollard
 
Posts: 470 | Location: Newtown, PA USA | Registered: January 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SHOT 2016: Day One from the Floor

© SIGforum 2017