SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thanks to all the Dan Wesson posts on this forum...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks to all the Dan Wesson posts on this forum... Login/Join 
posted
I'm back into a lightweight commander sized 1911. I had 15 or so years ago a Springfield that had night sights, aluminum officers frame, but a commander length ramped bushingless cone barrel. It was and still is a great gun and good shooter, a good friend fell in love and cash talks so I sold it to him. Next came a S&W scandium one the first year S&W started making them. I liked it but saw another I wanted more and I traded that off for a really nice S&W model 25.
So this Guardian arrived Friday thanks to you all...

Stripped it down and lubed it. Shot a few mags at 10 yds. Nice fist sized wad of bullet holes just barely above where the tip of the front sight point of aim on target, so I reckon it is probably dead nuts on at 25 which is perfect.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It now joins another Dan Wesson in my safe which was an earlier PM 45 that was hard hat treated and worked over by Dave Severns that I also got thanks to a post (classified) on this forum.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Those are beauties. I'm partially responsible for some of the posts, blame me. Razz

I'm taking my DW Classic 45 bobtail to the range today for a few hundred rounds. I don't have safe queens. It probably won't spend much time in the safe until our weather really warms up.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a 1911 guy but the Dan Wesson 1911's are really attractive. I have one in stainless and am amazed at the overall quality for it's price point. They seem to hold their value better than some other brands in it's class,I have found. That bobtail is what I want next.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
They are great guns. I went a little crazy and bought three of them over the past couple of months. Two are pictured below and I also bought a blued Valor .45 that is not pictured.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Sweet looking pistols Dusty.

Yours aren't to shabby either, Rob. Big Grin

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Posts like this get me itching again for a Dan Wesson. I've handled one, never shot one but loved the way it handled. Do I really need a 4.25" 1911 in .45? No but I would sure like one. Big Grin

Where did you guys get yours from?

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Excellent DWs and I can empathize - purchased a LNIB CCO via our own Classifieds section and have logged 800+ rounds through it over the past few weeks. Love this 1911!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Picked up my ECO and CCO right here as well. SIG's and DW's go together nicely.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I caught the bug myself last year.

Oddly enough, I haven't shot it yet. But I'm looking forward to it!

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I only have one DW but it is the pistol that I shoot better than possibly any other. I'm continually astounded how accurate it is. I hold center, press, and inevitably an impact mark appears directly on top of the front sight. I have literally thought, "I can't believe how good this pistol is" on multiple occasions.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My one and only 1911

Posts: 144 | Location: Utah | Registered: September 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
My contribution, it's a 2008 version.

I bought it used and ever so grateful to have been able to do so. 2008 had two issues, rattling grip safety and thin hammers.

I don't care about the grip safety issue and replaced the hammer with a period correct black Ed Brown.

Flawless in operation. Sweet 1911 and it has sold more than a few DW's when I let friends shoot it at the range.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My recently purchased DW 1911 A2 Government. I sent the slide to DW and they changed out the front sight for a night sight for free, shipping included, and total time from my mailing was 10 days. Talk about great customer service.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5159 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post