SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dear Sig, Please give us a P938HD !!!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear Sig, Please give us a P938HD !!!!!! Login/Join 
Picture of gaspipes
posted
That's what I want for Christmas and New Year. An ALL STEEL P938. Why don't we have these yet?

I know the lighter the better crowd doesn't care about a truly shootable micro 9mm but there are enough of us out here who believe in STEEL that would buy these up immediately if offered.

The P938HD is really the only thing I want from Sig. I've got everything else Sig I need or want. 90% of it is STEEL. Wink P229SSE x3, P226SSE x2, P238HD x3.

So who else wants an all steel P938? Sound off, lets make this thread 500 pages like the "you will buy a Glock thread". Big Grin Big Grin LOL!

Seriously.... I want one...or two.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1345 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I've been tempted to buy a P938 but for several reasons have not done so. I think an all stainless version would be too much to resist. Add me to the list of people who would buy one.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 886 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I've been waiting since initially announced at Shot Show in 2014 or 2015.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep wishing....it could happen. The 938 sibling 238 HD IS all steel and happened only recently as far as I know. So maybe an all steel 938 HD is on the drawing board.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gaspipes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stroonz:
Keep wishing....it could happen. The 938 sibling 238 HD IS all steel and happened only recently as far as I know. So maybe an all steel 938 HD is on the drawing board.

Yeah, I've got 3 of the P238HD. However, it's not new. The P238HD has been out almost as long as the P238 Aluminum frame. They release the HD I think within months of the original P238.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Picture of gaspipes
posted Hide Post
Only 3 people in all of Sig forum want this? Big Grin

Μολὼν λαβέ

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Put me down for one! I carry a 938, I wouldn't mind if a little weight were on it to lessen the snap.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had one back in 2014 so that recently.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
What I really want is a top tier semi custom 1911 maker like Wilson or Ed Brown to make a quality high end 938 style gun.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
I would not be interested in a pistol exactly like the one I have except for weighing more. I like my current P938 Blackwood and pocket carry it as my EDC. I find it plenty comfortable to shoot and out to 15 yards, I shoot it as well as I do most of my full sized pistols. No need to fix what isn't broken.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prairieviper:
I would not be interested in a pistol exactly like the one I have except for weighing more. I like my current P938 Blackwood and pocket carry it as my EDC. I find it plenty comfortable to shoot and out to 15 yards, I shoot it as well as I do most of my full sized pistols. No need to fix what isn't broken.

I don't think it is made out of steel just to mitigate recoil. Sig knows how many rounds these guns can stand up to, and I think the HD is for the person that shoots alot of rounds. I read in my research of the 238 that HD stands for heavy duty. Which really doesn't make sense because the 938 should be more heavy duty than a 238.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I don't think it is made out of steel just to mitigate recoil. Sig knows how many rounds these guns can stand up to, and I think the HD is for the person that shoots alot of rounds. I read in my research of the 238 that HD stands for heavy duty. Which really doesn't make sense because the 938 should be more heavy duty than a 238.

I shoot a lot of rounds. 8000+ through my P938 since mid 2016 and not a hint of a problem. I can understand how an all steel P938 might appeal to some folks, just not to me.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for the 225ST.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
What I really want is a top tier semi custom 1911 maker like Wilson or Ed Brown to make a quality high end 938 style gun.

Yes, me too, but barring that... give me a 938HD!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I shoot a lot of rounds. 8000+ through my P938 since mid 2016 and not a hint of a problem. I can understand how an all steel P938 might appeal to some folks, just not to me.

Holy cow, That's a lot of rounds through a 938! I've carried mine for at least 3 years and probably have 500 through it. When I was in the NAVY, I was a Phalanx CIWS tech, our 20mm training alowance per year was 8000 rounds! If not live firing at a towed drone unit, we mostly shot in 100 round bursts. In 20 years, I only hit that annual number once!
Hats off to you for that round count through your popper!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
I messed that up. No hat tip deserved. I should have said 1800+ rounds through my P938 and not 8000.

I have put over 14,000 rounds through my S&W 617 since this year but it's a .22 and my main range gun.

Sorry for the mix-up, guys.

"In God We Trust"

Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
I would be very interested in a P938HD. Never understood why SIG went all steel with the 238 instead of the 938.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am waiting for an all steel 938.

Posts: 1250 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be in to as long as I don't have to remortgage the house to afford one.

I really don't shoot that often anymore so I'm happy with my P 938 as it is but a steel one sounds even better.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
I messed that up. No hat tip deserved. I should have said 1800+ rounds through my P938 and not 8000.

I have put over 14,000 rounds through my S&W 617 since this year but it's a .22 and my main range gun.

Sorry for the mix-up, guys.

Still, 1800 is considerable! I've put that much through a full size 9mm, but 1800 through one of these little snappers is a feat I think!

Beth Greene