SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gun that you shoot the best
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun that you shoot the best Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GP229:
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
Clearly the targets will move in real life and perhaps the best target pistol is not the best handling one.

Same goes for the gun that feels best in the hand...

There is no guarantee that it will be the one you shoot the best.

That's a good point. By any objective measure my Beretta 92FS is too big for my hands. Trigger reach in DA is probably at my outer limit. My fingers barely reach around the front strap. Yet I've shot that gun better than nearly anything else during range practice, qualifications, and shooting courses, including 1911s which actually fit my hand better. The only guns I've shot better than the Beretta were S&W K-frame revolvers.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
The gun I practice with the most...

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Appreciate those that read the post. IPDA sounds possible. I spent my working years buying handguns. Now I am reducing the quantity. Since I mostly shoot paper I have no idea how I or they would do in pratcical application. Too expensive to take a course with each one.
Good suggestions,
Thanks

IDPA is a good suggestion. It would allow you to verify that your dry practice is doing what you want it to do. There are some rules in IDPA that I don't like. I also think that there are some people that think that shooting IDPA = learning tactics when in reality they are two different things. As a way to test a handgun though it's hard to argue with. Good idea.

Posts: 166 | Registered: February 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK USP Expert 9mm. Shoots like a freakin' laser beam.

Second place is a toss up. A Beretta 40 cal. Vertec and Sig P229 in 357Sig. Those two shoot neck and neck accuracy wise and are not too far to putting them on top of one an other like the USP Expert.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
G19, P30 and Beretta M9 have all been best for me in that order. G19 has size/weight advantage so it is the gun that I carry except for the G26 for summer. I shoot it nearly as well too.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
For defensive purposes, I shoot my HK P2000 V3 9mm that was worked over in Bruce G's lair better than any other gun I own. I shoot my 1911's almost as well. I practice with the HK more than any other gun, and I competed for years with my Wilson and Ed Brown 1911's. The most accurate gun I shoot is a Mastershop Sig X6.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gun that I shoot the best? A Beretta 92FS Compact (Italian, no rail) with D spring, all metal trigger, short trigger bar and one-sided safety-decker. I love my Sigs, HKs and other alphabet in my safe, but this one, I shoot best at 15 & 25 yards.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig 1911 NIghtmare full-size 1911 .45 acp

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
I can't get over how many people did not read the thread lol!!!

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:

I'm not surprised. *shrug*

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
A stainless govt sized 1911 in .45, but it's a bit heavy to carry everyday, so I deal with others.

I'm not sure one can really make that determination without realistic practice that includes drawing and regular speed shooting, though. If my local range offered no such options I'd find a place that would let me as I think it's crucial for everything beyond punching holes in paper on a range.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
regardless of draw or target movement, anything in 357Sig works for me.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:

The added irony is they're posting to be read and probably won't return to find out their mistake.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My SIG 226 MK25 is the gun I shoot the best but a little heavy and bulky for CC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
P245 then my G19

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Carry the gun you shoot the best is the recommendation.
However, if the only ranges available are slow fire, no draw - how do you determine the best handling gun ?

You need to find a range that allows faster firing and drawing from concealment.
Perhaps an outdoor range or someone with some property.
I don't know where you live and maybe neither option is doable. In that case, maybe try drawing and dry firing inside your house or apartment. Safety first, always make sure your weapon is unloaded.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Les Baer Premier II. But I carry my Colt 1991A1 in Fall/Winter.

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I have a Clackamas Kimber 1911, I'm not sure exactly the work it has done, but I know it has Briley parts and trigger work done. You literally point it and think about what you want to hit, pull the trigger and you hit it. Softest shooting, most accurate gun I have ever owned. the trigger is something like 2.5lb, it's pretty ridiculous.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Here I go again-My P-228. But 45 years ago I had a Hi-Standard HD that really shot well but I needed money and sold it (regret). Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P228 and P229

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post