SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gun that you shoot the best
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun that you shoot the best Login/Join 
posted
Carry the gun you shoot the best is the recommendation.
However, if the only ranges available are slow fire, no draw - how do you determine the best handling gun ?
Clearly the targets will move in real life and perhaps the best target pistol is not the best handling one.

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
Prior to joining my range that allows drawing from a holster, drawing from concealment and shooting on the move, I would practice drawing and dry fire. There are laser devices that fit inside or onto your pistol that has a laser target that registers your shot placement. Those are kind of pricey though.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Sig 229 and Kimber 1911

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Used to be my P7M13 and the Mark 23, had to sell them both. Frown
They were absolutely amazing.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Ruger Single Seven

Posts: 5735 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
CZ-75 9mm is a tack driver.

I desire the same from my Sig 229 in .40 but I cannot hit shit with it. My fault, (obviously)so lot of practice in my future.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12330 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If you practice "dry," it would be most imprudent to do it with a loaded magazine, but a loaded mag changes the feel and balance of the gun. Is there such a thing as a weighted, inert (no possibility of introducing a loaded round inadvertently) magazine?

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
GLOCK 30. I'm not sure why but it is.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Let me be the first... G19. Comes to target quickly, rebounds to target well and pretty much hits where I aim it. I don't know why I resisted so long.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Handguns - Colt Gov't Model 1911 - stock unmodified classic and I shoot it better than the fancified handguns I have.

Rifles - either of my two heavy barreled .22s

Scatter guns - toss up between Browning Citori 12ga. or 20ga. Upland Sporter 20ga. - love the doubles!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
fortunately I live about 30 minute drive from my closest range, where there are ample bays available during the week, and a wide choice of matches for about 20+ different action groups, I can join any time.

The real issue for me, is the accumulated distractions of 'geezeritis' makes me less nimble & ever more slow moving. I'm pleased my accuracy with 1911 models so far remains intact.

The 320Rx 9 Sig is outstanding as well.

I've never tuned in whatever it is to make the 40 work, and have abandoned it. And my 220-10 has promise but I'm losing patience with it, wondering whether '10' is any benefit if I can't hit 5 of 6 bowling pins at 50' regularly.

Have now abandoned further fruitless training with any Glock as we just don't work well together.

So I'm currently satified with Sig & most any 1911. And a few target 22s of course.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
HANDGUN:
My STI Edge...40 calibers of goodness

followed by my Glock 19

RIFLE:
my Bushmaster Ar15...cause it has a 3.5 trigger

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hands down I shoot my CZ97 .45 the best.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
I shoot S&W Model 64-3 4" best. But I carry a Glock 43.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
American P-220/.38 Super.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
G36 and Kimber Ultra CDP. It's a toss up.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
If you practice "dry," it would be most imprudent to do it with a loaded magazine, but a loaded mag changes the feel and balance of the gun. Is there such a thing as a weighted, inert (no possibility of introducing a loaded round inadvertently) magazine?

If you handload, you can make dummy rounds that are very close to live rounds for weight. I would suggest you put them in a dedicated magazine and paint the whole thing blue, so it doesn't get confused.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
My P320's and any of my 1911's pistol wise.

My Javelin AR

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, if the only ranges available are slow fire, no draw - how do you determine the best handling gun ?

Take some tactical courses that allow for that practice. It is worth it, believe me. Fortunately my range allows fast draw and movement. Even if you have to travel some distance, one or two days of good training will help greatly. Luckily I live in an area that is very gun friendly and there is plenty of affordable training available.

I shoot my Sig P226 the best by far.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, amazing how people just read thread titles and don't bother even reading the original post, much less any responses.

If you can't find a public range that allows at least double taps, start searching for private ranges. Holster draws can be done dry fire, but you're right that there's no substitute for actual live fire practice.

You're also right that a pistol you're good with slow fire doesn't necessarily translate when you pick up the pace. The VP9 is that for me. Great slow fire, strings up and right during rapid.

If you can't find a private range, or even if you can, take a challenging class (or two) from a reputable instructor (or two).

Good luck!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post