SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    911 .380 — New Offering from Springfield
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

911 .380 — New Offering from Springfield Login/Join 
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted
And it looks awesome!

I’ve added it to my ‘BUY’ list ... pending field reviews.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SA, Inc.?

Nope. Not a dime.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Ah, that’s right ... some folks have thrown in the towel on SA. I don’t remember what they did but I still like their firearms.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t remember what they did but I still like their firearms.
They hooked up with anti gun people in legislation. Screw Them!

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ukhayes
posted Hide Post
Hope all of these "never Springfield" folks don't hypocritically buy/own any S&W's.

Posts: 496 | Location: White House,TN | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ukhayes:
Hope all of these "never Springfield" folks don't hypocritically buy/own any S&W's.

Or Rugers

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or Rugers

I don't understand this part. Where has Ruger done this after the old man died?

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about this! I have the Sig P238 that my wife really likes. I have no reason to buy a look-alike from another vendor when the one we have and use for quite some time now, we really like!

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
I think I’ll get one of those.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
So, this is a copy of a copy of the Colt Mustang?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't have bought SA, Inc. before they sold out. Just another example of why they're a POS company.

My main reason is their sketchy company basis. They take the name of the government arsenal, don't use any of the employees or tooling or location (so no affiliation whatsoever with the original), make clones of what was made by the arsenal, call themselves the "first name in American firearms" (clearly trying to capitalize on the association that doesn't exist) and most of their products aren't even made in America! Don't get me wrong, I'm not the "made in the USA or nothing" guy, but don't try to sell yourself as American made when you're not.

I could forgive political missteps if they try to atone for them. I did buy a Ruger American Rifle (after the old man had passed). And it's hard to find any company without a tarnished record to some extent. But dishonest marketing tells me everything I need to know about SA, Inc.

As for the pistol itself, it cracks me up that the Mustang didn't fare well. Then SIG copies it and it is suddenly the right time apparently, cuz it sells. Sells enough for Colt to re-release the Mustang and now SA, Inc. jumps on board.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
So, this is a copy of a copy of the Colt Mustang?

^^EGGSACTLY^^ Big Grin

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ukhayes:

That's a valid point.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I will keep my P238 which I know runs

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The faux Mustang that wants to look like a Germanic SIG, or the faux Mustang that wants to look like a Croatian XDm. I'll take the Micro380 if I had to do it over again (I own the 238). It's the one that looks most like the American original with a bit of usual Kimber flair but most importantly comes with USABLE sights.

So there. Razz

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slap a pair of G10s on a P238 and it would be very hard to tell them apart.

I wonder if the pricing is comparable?

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Ugly as sin. SA is not getting a dime from me anytime soon. Maybe if they ever come out with an original design again and management changes. To those who said Ruger and S&W, I believe they have made management changes since their ridiculousness. Don't understand why the locks are still on the Smiths though.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Think I'll stick with my P238 HD. Thanks.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Springfield- “Hey, can I see your homework?”

Sig- “Yeah, sure. Just don’t copy it, okay?”

Springfield (to the market)- “Hey! Check out our new 911!”

Posts: 9 | Location: Lovely Central Texas | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post