SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    911 .380 — New Offering from Springfield
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

911 .380 — New Offering from Springfield Login/Join 
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cworetired:
I think I will keep my P238 which I know runs

Well, maybe that just says you are not an early adopter, which is fine. When did you pick up your little jewel 238, 'cause in the begining they did not all RUN very well...just sayin'. I owned one back then and now I own one TODAY.

Like you, my 238 runs very well and like you, I will keep mine. Doesn't mean I wouldn't venture down this path some time down the road though. I would just rather not be another early adopter with super subcompacts.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
quote:
Originally posted by ukhayes:
Hope all of these "never Springfield" folks don't hypocritically buy/own any S&W's.

That's a valid point.

Is it?

Bill Ruger is long dead.

Smith & Wesson is long past the owners that made deals with the Clinton administration.

Have there been any changes from Springfield Armory following the recent legislative debacle? Or are the same people still in charge?

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
And it looks awesome!

I’ve added it to my ‘BUY’ list ... pending field reviews.

I'm confused - where does my hand go?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to say "No" for one reason only: ambi safety. I hate those things, especially on a pocket pistol.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CornhuskerP320-45:
Springfield- “Hey, can I see your homework?”

Sig- “Yeah, sure. Just don’t copy it, okay?”

Springfield (to the market)- “Hey! Check out our new 911!”

So you mean exactly like Sig did with the Colt Mustang or Kimber for that matter? Sig wasn’t exactly breaking new ground with the 238. They just revived an old design made by Colt.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
quote:
Originally posted by ukhayes:
Hope all of these "never Springfield" folks don't hypocritically buy/own any S&W's.

That's a valid point.

Is it?

Bill Ruger is long dead.

Smith & Wesson is long past the owners that made deals with the Clinton administration.

Have there been any changes from Springfield Armory following the recent legislative debacle? Or are the same people still in charge?

How long did it take Smith and Ruger to make those changes? The Springer “debacle” is only a few months old. All these big gun companies are in the business of making money. If they could make a killing making hammers they would. They probably wouldn’t hesitate to sell out gun owners if the price was right. If big gun company’s had any real Integrity they would refuse to sell to police departments in anti-2A states like STI and Barret have done. If you really feel that any of these large conglomerate gun companies have your best interest at heart you are sorely mistaken.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Springer “debacle” is only a few months old.

That's kind of the point. Boycotting Ruger or Smith and Wesson wouldn't serve any purpose after the changes of ownership and management that have occurred.

quote:
They probably wouldn't hesitate to sell out gun owners if the price was right.

Then making a point of not buying their products when they do sell out gun owners (and every other gun company in the state except themselves and Rock River) makes sense.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post