SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    UNICORN FOUND P220 MSE WITH QUESTIONS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UNICORN FOUND P220 MSE WITH QUESTIONS Login/Join 
Picture of asewell1980
posted
Hello Sig forum. It has been quite a while sense i have been around. I am happy to see the forum is still strong.

https://drive.google.com/open?...eEJ6cWllSTRDSTUzMGVR

I just purchased a P220 match stainless elite in .45acp. This has been must have pistol for me for many years and i now have one. I also have a new pile of questions to go with it. i have been doing a bunch of research on these topics and found lots of good Intel, but i cant find a manufacturers date for my SN ( G527 XXX ). I would also like to find a PDF of the brochure produced for this gun in the correct year. Any help on these topics would be great.

Holsters: I have only found 2 manufacturers Kramer and ElPaso Saddlery.

Rear sights: kensight
I would like to get a adjustable rear sight with some lights in it.

If any one has any fun facts about this or pictures of theirs to share please jump in.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

A. Sewell
P229 gen1
P220R Match Elite .45
M17
P238 SAS
Mosquito

Posts: 219 | Location: South Puget Sound | Registered: March 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
here's the label on the one i sold recently, german frame, aug 2011 date.

i never looked for a holster.

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
That serial number would fall on year 2012. For the exact date, call SIG.

This P220, serial # G 526289, was year 2012.

Q

Posts: 26344 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I would think that serial number puts it around 2011/12

I never bothered to look for a new sight. I like the ones the factory provided.

The only thing I eventually did to my black one was put a front Tritium on it some time after this photo was taken.

As to holsters, I just loaned one of mine out as the form and had a thumb break pancake made for it. That was 8-9 years ago and there was no blue gun available yet for the holster guys

I am certain there are more than two people making holsters, you just have to get creative on asking about leather for other sigs with the same profile. For example a holster for an X-5 Allround would probably work just fine

BTW, are you just looking at their websites for leather? Or are you talking to them?

Just because it is not listed on the Internet does not mean they can't make it for you. They might just have a blue gun in the workbench to do the trick

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ colt_saa, who worked on your black one to round out the trigger guard?

Q

Posts: 26344 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of asewell1980
posted Hide Post
In regards to holsters I am only looking at web sites currently. I had something made by ElPaso saddlery for for my brothers Coonan .357 a few years ago and it was fantastic and fast turnaround. They have some great products at a fair price.

My only need for a holster for this gun is to show off at BBQ's and such. I dont plan on carrying it.

A. Sewell
P229 gen1
P220R Match Elite .45
M17
P238 SAS
Mosquito

Posts: 219 | Location: South Puget Sound | Registered: March 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I had the trigger guard de-hooked by Bruce when we converted that one to 10MM Auto what seems like so many years ago Smile

I think they look much better that way

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
quote:
I had the trigger guard de-hooked by Bruce when we converted that one to 10MM Auto what seems like so many years ago Smile

I think they look much better that way

That's what I thought. I had this one that was already done by Bruce, when I bought it from a member here. The rear sight was also dehorned. I agree that it looks better with the round trigger guard.

Q

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
My only need for a holster for this gun is to show off at BBQ's and such. I dont plan on carrying it.

El Paso Saddlery, then, and maybe a nice belt and mag pouch to go with it.

I was mildly shocked to see that Blade Tech no longer offers the Stingray - I got a couple of them some years ago.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the even rarer version of this - 220R5-45-MSE-SAO fixed sight. All stainless -full beaver tail SAO. Full size 5 inch.

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
While I don't have an MSE, I can appreciate the feeling one has once finding that long searched for P220. Wink

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blade tech makes holsters for the 220 match elite. Like all blade tech products, it is very serviceable. I really liked mine but for some reason, now lost to me, I had Robert/Sig Armorer convert it to single action only with a thumb safety. I also got a regular 220 slide for mine as a spare slide. The gun is phenomenal.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
12131, The rear sight was also dehorned. I agree that it looks better with the round trigger guard.

any pics of before/after dehorning the rear sight please?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
12131, The rear sight was also dehorned. I agree that it looks better with the round trigger guard.

any pics of before/after dehorning the rear sight please?

No before pic, since I bought it already done. But, expect it to look squarish with sharp corners.

Here is the after pic, taken when I put the gun up for sale.

Q

posted Hide Post
Here is the after pic, taken when I put the gun up for sale.

thank you

posted Hide Post
How do you post a pic?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:
How do you post a pic?

Upload the photo to a site like imgur and then put a link to the photo in your post

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:

At the risk of thread drift: why do some trigger guards have that "point" on there to begin with? Is that a functional thing, or an aesthetic thing?

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ It's a vestigial thing. At some point (back in the 80's, I think) all of the cool kids wrapped the index finger of their support hand around the front of the trigger guard when they held a pistol with two hands. IIRC it only lasted for a couple-few years, but some folks still make their semiauto trigger guards in a way that accommodates that hold.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^
I see. Thank you for the explanation.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post