SIGforum
How do you remove a Glock +2 floor plate?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/8850074044

April 14, 2018, 09:57 AM
lontai
How do you remove a Glock +2 floor plate?
I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I'm stumped when it comes to removing a Glock OEM +2 floor plate. Unlike a standard Glock floor plate, I can't seem to push the insert down through the hole in the bottom of the floor plate, so I can't slide the floor plate off.

I know the +2 insert doesn't have the "button" that fits into the floor plate hole, it has a groove on each side into which ridges on the floor plate slide. Seems simple enough - just push the insert out, pinch, and slide - but the insert won't budge!

What am I missing?
April 14, 2018, 10:11 AM
.38supersig
Best guess I can give is that the floor plate may have rotated around the spring base. You may need a longer pin to move it. If that doesn't budge, then you can push down on the follower enough to get a wire town to the bottom of the spring. Bend a small hook into the wire and pull up on the bottom of the spring. Then you can stick a pin into the round count holes in the back to keep the tension off of the floor plate. Good luck.

April 14, 2018, 10:12 AM
Outnumbered
Tannerite should do it.
April 14, 2018, 08:31 PM
lontai
Thanks .38supersig... Turned out to be a moot point - ended up cracking the insert trying to push it in. The upside is I then had no problem removing the base plate. No idea what was wrong with it, but it definitely wasn’t budging.
April 14, 2018, 08:44 PM
RHINOWSO
I've found that if you aren't careful putting it on, the insert gets wedge in the +2.

After some trial and error, I found that if you insert a Glock tool pin into the baseplate while you slide it on the magazine(keeping pressure to keep the insert level), you can then lower the insert properly into the 2 grooves on the baseplate.

Sounds like yours was wedged in pretty good.
April 15, 2018, 03:23 PM
lontai
Thanks Rhinowso... Also read somewhere that people have had success putting the insert inside the base plate and then snapping both of them on from one side of the mag to the other, rather than sliding the base plate on over the insert front-to-back as you normally would.