SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    picked up a p226
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

picked up a p226 Login/Join 
posted
The serial # (U166 ###) puts it as a 1987 W. German manufacture date... I don't have a lot of history with Sig but my interest is peaked...

It's a nickle slide and black receiver. Can anyone share some history on this piece?

Is there a particular type or version this would be listed as?

I'm new and not sure how to post a picture

proud patriot

Posts: 2 | Location: texas | Registered: October 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SF.

The serial number would indicate that it was imported when SIG USA was located in Herndon, VA. Is the package complete with original cardboard box, manual and test target? If the Nickel finish is original, the box label should have NICKEL mentioned on it. Not sure what kind of history you're looking for. It's just a common production SIG, when West Germany still existed.

Q

Posts: 26335 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hello,

While I can't give any model numbers of any kind, I recently found one similar in 357 Sig with the nickel controls, but mine was made about 12 years later than yours.

Welcome to the forum!

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's helpful, thanks. I didn't think it was anything extraordinary and they did not have the original packaging.

Decent shooter, I like my p320 vtac more tho

proud patriot

Posts: 2 | Location: texas | Registered: October 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
You've got a real pistol... not one of these plastic striker fired thingies...

as Sig says about the P226:

"The Pistol that set the standard by which all combat handguns are measured."

If you want, email me a picture of the pistol and I'll post it for you here. blume357@mac.com

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post