SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question re: Wilson Combat Beretta TUNED 92G Brigadier Tactical with the Mag Guide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question re: Wilson Combat Beretta TUNED 92G Brigadier Tactical with the Mag Guide Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
For those that have the mag guide feature, what does it do that the one without cannot do? I see that one with the MG goes for $74 more than the one without ($1379 v. $1305).

$74, that's 3 tanks of gas for me. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I think that's an installed price. Its $49.95 for the part. Its not hard to swap yourself....don't even need a punch to remove the roll pin, just pop a grip off and push in the lanyard loop and shake it out.

The singular purpose of the mag guide is speedy mag changes. Unless you're competing...its just for looks I guess.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opted for the mag guide as well as the action tune but can't tell you if I was actually charged for the install as the (ugly to me) lanyard loop had to come out anyhow. Don't think so.

For me it was simply a cosmetic thing. Don't like the lanyard loop. I used to install a flat base 'plug' on the Berettas I owned in the past.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Just makes the gun tacticooler!

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What timing . There's a two page thread going on right now on this very subject over on the Beretta Forum.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I didn't think a monkey with 76 pristine SIG P228s cared about gas prices. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Perhaps it looks prettier, and gives you a functionally easier reload. BUT, I've read that it won't allow the 30 round magazines to work. The 30 round mags have a plastic sleeve to prevent over-insertion, and they won't work with the mag guide.

I have thought about modifying the sleeve but haven't gotten around to trying it. It would seem that a cut out to allow it to fit would leave plenty enough to prevent over-insertion. I just don't know how difficult it would be. I have a CX4 carbine and the Brigadier, and I love the 30 round mags. The mags are very reasonable directly from Beretta. They discount for quantities, and around holidays they offer 20% to 30% off.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
I've used them. After about 3 months I took them off all my 92's. I really didn't add much savings to my reloads even in competition.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post