SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Would you be confident carrying a Glock 27 coverted to 9mm?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would you be confident carrying a Glock 27 coverted to 9mm? Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
By the time you correctly convert it and run enough ammo through everything to function test the gun and mag's, you will have spent as much or more than selling the 27 and buying a 26.
What's the point?

Posts: 9499 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've converted most of my 40s to 9 just changing the barrel and mags. Never had a problem. Like the G-23 converted to 9 with the heavier 9 barrel up front. Also have a KKM barrel in 357Sig for it also.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'd need a conversion barrel, as well as a 9mm extractor, and a 9mm trigger housing with integral ejector.

Then I'd need to run a bunch of ammo through it to ensure reliability.

Even then, I might not trust it 100%.

It'd be cheaper and easier to just sell/trade the G27 and get a G26.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
No, not ever. The breech face is .40 caliber size, and will never properly fit a 9MM.

Sure, shoot it at the range and its likely to be pretty reliable.

BUT. I thoroughly test my defensive guns and ammo. Put 10,000 rounds through it and the conversion barrel is likely to give many more stoppages than the factory set up. A conversion barrel is just for range use. Sell your 27 and buy a 26, or carry it as designed with .40 ammunition.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I'd need a conversion barrel, as well as a 9mm extractor, and a 9mm trigger housing with integral ejector.

Then I'd need to run a bunch of ammo through it to ensure reliability.

Even then, I might not trust it 100%.

It'd be cheaper and easier to just sell/trade the G27 and get a G26.

Different Glock that I basically got for free. I have the above 9mm stuff on a Glock 22, KKM barrel... North of 5K handloads through it. Zero malfunctions. BUT, the last round always has a very poor ejection, dribbles out. One of these times..... Only use it for training, will never carry it.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Nope. There are plenty of quality carry guns you can get for $400ish. Not worth it. Saving what amounts to s team dinner isn’t worth the amount of doubt I would have carrying it. Sell it and buy a 26. You will probably only get $250-300 (less if anything at all from a dealer) for the 27 but that’s the deal with 40cals these days. They are in about as much demand as syphilis.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I would not. I'd carry it in .40 any time, but I don't see any advantage to converting it for carry. For range use I can understand wanting the reduced recoil of 9mm, but that's not a concern for me for carry purposes.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the interest of full disclosure my every day carry is the Sig P229 in 357sig I was carrying on 30 Dec 2010, the day I retired. That having been said, I own a Glock 26, 22, 23 and 43. For the Glock 22 and 23 I have 9mm and 357 Sig barrels. I have yet to experience a single issue firing any of my Glocks in any configuration.I don't carry them as a matter of personal preference.

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 106 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: July 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
No. A more confidence inspiring carry option is way too easy to find and buy.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
You can also get a Glock 26 upper assembly and use G26 mags. Did this with my G33 - Works fine, and no need to change the ejector.

Where can you get a Glock 26 upper assembly for a reasonble price? Everywhere I’ve looked it would be almost as expensive to buy a new gun.

I picked one up on Ebay for $325.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
By the time you correctly convert it and run enough ammo through everything to function test the gun and mag's, you will have spent as much or more than selling the 27 and buying a 26.
What's the point?

$100 for a barrel & $40 for two mags is way cheaper unless your spending $400 in ammo just to function test.

Posts: 90 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used and sold many Barsto 9mm conversion barrels in all my Sigs, as well as 357 Sig barrels, just change barrel and mag for 9mm and barrel only for 357 Sig. Use KKM barels in Glocks to do same thing and never any problems, nor have any customers reported any issues!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Badhammer:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
What's the point?

$100 for a barrel & $40 for two mags is way cheaper unless your spending $400 in ammo just to function test.

Selling the 27 for $350 and buying a 26 for $500 is a lot cheaper than $140 for the barrel + mags and the ammo to test thoroughly.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I ended up buying a G26 Gen 4.

Posts: 7395 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No more concern than those using 9mm convertible barrels in Sigs.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post