SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    IWI Masada?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IWI Masada? Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
Has anyone touched a IWI Masada yet? I just ordered one from my favorite MIL/LE source.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Looks strangely similar to the Ruger RAP.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Has anyone touched a IWI Masada yet? I just ordered one from my favorite MIL/LE source.

Isn't it better to ask that question prior to ordering?

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:

Isn't it better to ask that question prior to ordering?

Nah, they just started shipping today. Everything IWI that I own, I like! Sub 400 bucks for a RMR ready gun sounds good to me! I was hoping to get an impression from maybe someone who has held one at a trade show.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I was thinking this too.

Since they're not likely to get much penetration in to the LE market, coming out with the duty sized version is a mistake. They should have cut it down to compact, and even subcompact sizes, and introduced them. Maybe that would get them a little penetration into the civilian market. But wherever they try to position this, it's going to be a tough row to hoe. The entire striker fired market is saturated, and I don't see anything about this gun that distinguishes it from the competition.

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I was thinking this too.

Since they're not likely to get much penetration in to the LE market, coming out with the duty sized version is a mistake. They should have cut it down to compact, and even subcompact sizes, and introduced them. Maybe that would get them a little penetration into the civilian market. But wherever they try to position this, it's going to be a tough row to hoe. The entire striker fired market is saturated, and I don't see anything about this gun that distinguishes it from the competition.

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Since it has the removable chassis like the P320 I'd expect smaller grip modules out pretty soon.

Link to video

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Since it relies on that stupid nerve-pinching safety tab in the face of the trigger, it's old tech.

Razz

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Philippine National Police (PNP) will be receiving Masada 9mm pistols from Israel Weapon Industries Ltd. (IWI). R. Espineli Trading said on June 30 that delivery will be soon.

The PNP contracted the joint venture of IWI and R. Espineli through negotiated procurement for the delivery of 1920 pistols worth PHP53,664,000.00 in late 2017."

Source:

Mintfo

PUBLISHED: July 5, 2018

Posts: 61 | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I held and dryfired one the other day. It was fine but nothing really jumped out at me either way. I liked the mag release and the trigger seemed good. At $384 MIL/LE it seems like a pretty good value for something that can mount a dot.

I'd have liked for them to bring out a compact or subcompact as well.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I held and dryfired one the other day. It was fine but nothing really jumped out at me either way. I liked the mag release and the trigger seemed good. At $384 MIL/LE it seems like a pretty good value for something that can mount a dot.

I'd have liked for them to bring out a compact or subcompact as well.

I checked one out yesterday at my LGS. I had pretty much the same assessment.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I've had it to the range twice now, not bad! It comes with several different RMR plates, I'm going to put a Vortex Venom on it.

Beth Greene

posted Hide Post
Handled one last week last week at my LGS. Impressed with the feel of the grip, machining of the slide looked great, ambi controls functioned properly, sights were standard 3-dot and the magazines looked quality. Two things I didn't like was there is almost no bevel to the mag well and the trigger reset was considerably long.

Posts: 888 | Location: TX | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Put my hands on one Monday. Excellent trigger and ergos we’re good. Look reminds me of a S&W M&P.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Here it is! I picked up a Venom last night at Bass Pro. It was 3x points night and with the mil discount I was happy. I put 50 thru it today, I forgot my pistol rest, so sighting in was just a crude alignment.

Beth Greene

Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
well? how'd those 50 rounds go?

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Very well! I put 50 more rounds thru it Saturday using a pistol rest to sight in the RMR. I like it a lot especially firing off hand. It's really comfortable to shoot one handed. My only complaint is, I wish the mag release stuck out just a little more.

Beth Greene

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Steyr M9, Sphinx, P30 hybrid

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Is it compatible with any other manufacturer’s sights?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Is it compatible with any other manufacturer’s sights?

Matter of fact, Sig P series sights! I'm going to put some Sig type suppressor sights on it to co witness.

Beth Greene