SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 grips- G10vs Aluminum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 grips- G10vs Aluminum Login/Join 
posted
I have three sets of Hogue aluminum checkered 220 grips. I’d like something even more aggressive and just as thin or thinner. Are the G10’s thinner? Which ones are more aggressive ?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
They have identical dimensions. I'd say, the Aluminum one feels just a hair grippier.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lean towards the G10 piranhas. But to answer your question, I feel the chain links to be the most aggressive. They're all about the same thinness.

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
To clarify, I was comparing Checkered Alu to Checkered G10, in terms of grippiness.

I agree with Madmatt that the Chainlink grips are the most aggressive.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So chain link over piranha ..!? Right

Is Ken from Hogue still
On this forum?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chainlink grips are the most aggressive followed by the checkered and then the piranhas. According to Hogue. I have all three and I would agree with that order. As far as width, they are all the same according to Hogue.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
Have you tried E2 grips if you want "grippier"?

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post