SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P2000 school me please
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P2000 school me please Login/Join 
posted
Am looking at a new/used P2000. Looks new but? Possibly going to replace my Sig 239 after breaking. What's you thoughts, good bad or? Has the LEM trigger which I think I would like, so what's your thoughts? Buy or pass.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
P2000s are excellent hammer fired pistols. Fit the hand exceptionally well, very durable.

The only modification that I have ever done on them was to get the slimmer slide stop/ slide release levers. They "thinned" the pistol out just a bit extra.

They can be had brand new for quite reasonable as well (in comparison to the P30 offerings)

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I purchased a new 9mm P2000 V2 LEM which I later converted to V1 (light LEM). I also installed the HK45C magazine release which is slightly larger. I find the P2000 very comfortable to shoot and I am very pleased with the quality and overall feel in my hand.

I say buy and give it a try.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The HK P2000 is just a USP Compact that had its slide and grip reworked, as far as I'm concerned. Between the two, I prefer the USPc. Looks better and feels better in hand. HK trigger still sucks, though, except for the Light LEM.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I really like the P2000. The trigger is the biggest complaint i see or hear most often, but the light lem is pretty nice, and easy to get used to. I dont know what the price youre looking at paying is, but i feel like the P2000's are usually pretty fairly priceed. $550 - $650, and theyre kind of the underrated middle child between the old USP and new P30 lines.

Heres mine:

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to HKPRO.COM

There is a lot of info there on H&Ks.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm curious what broke (fatally) on your 239. But in any case there is really nothing negative about the p2000. Like 12131 my hand favors the USPc but I have carried the p2000 for lots of hours and shot lots of rounds. I honestly can't think of a single real downside.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It’s a hammer fired Glock 19/23 made to fit human hands. It’s a great Gun. It may require 50 or 100 rounds of hotter or heavier ammo early on. HKs are POA/POI so some folks shoot low. Put the dot over your impact point.

The contours and grip texture make it a very comfortable carry gun.

LEM is love it or hate it. I hate it. It’s light and smooth but for me the weird reset/hammer movement bugged the bejezzus out of me. I am a DA/SA guy or a striker guy. LEM/DAK/Light double action type trigger feel good dry firing but don’t work for me live firing. YMMV, as it’s a preference thing not a “it sucks and is wrong thing”

They are damn near as small/carryable as the SIG P239. I love the P239 but the P2000 is the better “package” if you will. The SIG however has a far better trigger and is easier to shoot well. The HK is easily as or more mechanically accurate but not as easy to shoot as well as your P239.

Field strip is not as easy as the SIG but not bad at all.

Decock can be jarring if you are used to SIG/CZ where the hammer lowers fairly lightly. The HK drops the hammer with a snap. I tend to decock and ride the hammer down but I tend to do that with all decockers unless I am returning to a holster.

I am curious as to what broke on your P239 as well or did you mean after breaking in a P2000?

The P2000 has been my go to for quite a long time now. It ain’t perfect but it’s a damn good gun.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hay guys, nothing broke on the 239! It’s just after carrying it for 18 years I had an itch for something new and found this one. The Sig is as good as new after a bunch of rounds. I just got the itch.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Possibly going to replace my Sig 239 after breaking.

I think this is where we took it to mean your P239 broke, but what you meant was that the P2000 would replace the 239 after the P2000 was broken in?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I love the feel of the P2000 in the hand and find with practice the light LEM is very fast and accurate. I also found the paddle mag release easy to get used to and faster with practice to manipulate. I stopped carrying it or my sk because I like shooting other platforms too much. The transition back to LEM was tough if I didn't shoot it almost exclusively. When I bring them out to shoot these days, I'm tempted to carry them, but I remember the past issues and just enjoy them occasionally.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes PorterN, after breakin. That’s what you get by posting at 5:28 in the am. The 239 is as good as new, maybe better since it’s broke in.

Officers lives matter!

posted Hide Post
I don't get the HK P2000 fascination. Cheap (by HK standards) and serviceable but, a lot of modern offerings are equal or better.

The new HK VP series is a nice option. So is the new SIG P320. You also have the new M&P 2.0 which is the first striker fired pistol to seriously challenge my Glock'aholic roots.

Have you considered the SIG SAS series? A P229 or P220 SAS would be a nice complement to your P239.

Posts: 42 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The biggest problem I had with my p2000 was hammer bite. After the first shooting session I had, I wound up selling it. It is not a good pistol for those with large mitts. Other than that, it really is a nice pistol. I went with a P30 SK to replace it.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
I owned a couple of P2000s after looking for a "better" Glock 19.
I never looked back, but still carry the 19 at times.
The P2000 is a great pistol.

Now I'm on the P30 in .40.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted October 17, 2017 10:44 AM Hide Post
I don't get the HK P2000 fascination. Cheap (by HK standards) and serviceable but, a lot of modern offerings are equal or better.

The new HK VP series is a nice option. So is the new SIG P320. You also have the new M&P 2.0 which is the first striker fired pistol to seriously challenge my Glock'aholic roots.

Ummm because none of them have a hammer which some folks still desire, anachronistic luddites that we are. Smile

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cslinger, did you replace the mag levers with the larger ones from HK Parts? What is the best source for additional mags. Thanks....

Officers lives matter!

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I did not. I have newer HKs with the larger levers but the smaller levers do not bother me and since they were my first exposure to the paddle system with the USP I am just used to then.

I am a bit of a mag whore if you will so I have a lot of mags. I think I have picked all my HK mags up over the years from CDNN. USP compact mags are fairly reasonable across the board though. I mean not $15 Glock mag reasonable but reasonable. I think most of my 9 and .40 mags rang in between $25 on sales to $35 not on sales.

posted Hide Post
Just ordered 2 Mags from CDNN. Thanks...

Officers lives matter!

Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
I love the look and feel of the P2000. Middle ground between the blocky USP and the P30. I have the DA/SA variety with decocker.

The double action is very heavy but smooth. I dont find the SA trigger to be horrible. I also shoot the P2000 much more accurately (from first magazine) than my Glock 19 Gen 4.....which I have wanted to love but don't. It just oozes quality manufacturing IMO. YMMV but I doubt it. I cant speak to the LEM trigger unfortunately.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post