SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thoughts, opinions on the P245
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts, opinions on the P245 Login/Join 
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Fits perfectly in one pocket of my SLR case. The green Tenba case goes totally unseen in public. won't be replaced.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I always wanted a 245 and found one for a decent price 5 years back. It was too thick and bulky, for me. I sold it and bought a Smith 457 instead. Good luck OP! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a fan of the P220, I bought a P245 when they first came out, and still have it. It is my main carry choice in colder weather, and other times when it is appropriate. I can shoot it well and it takes P220 full size magazines for back up. While I would like more rounds, the 6+1 is adequate, with extra magazines, unless you are fighting the zombie apocalypse. And that is what AR-15s are for.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is my humble opinion that the 245 is one of the two most under rated pistols in the Sig lineup, the other being the sig pro line. The 245 shoots well, carries well, conceals easily , and is safe to carry (no frame flex discharges here). Load it up with decent hollow point ammo and it holds it's own with the other calibers. I have been known to carry the Winchester T series hollow point, plus P 230gr ammo.
I liked my first 245 so well that I bought 3 more , just in case the first one is confiscated as evidence after a shooting.
I would suggest that you buy one while you can.

Posts: 229 | Registered: December 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought both of my 245s in 2006 and they will be among the last pistols that I will part with.

Excellent as a carry piece, tucked in a Milt Sparks VM2. It does go against the fad of being able to carry 15 rounds and being able to conceal in a pair of speedos.

Posts: 977 | Location: Upstate South Carolina | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
I've owned two P245s and a P220 compact SAS.
Both were amazingly accurate, super reliable and carried easily.
They are outdated, i suppose, but i sure do miss the P series offerings of the P239 and P220 compact

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never found interest in the P245 until I encountered a pristine one for sale at the used gun counter at my LGS. It came home with me.

Mine is a triple serial numbered one made in Germany with an Ilaflon finish and night sights. It's in excellent condition and may not have been fired beyond the factory test fire. I put some green G10 Hogue stocks exactly like the one posted above and it is very handsome. I could not bring myself to fire it and get it dirty, and had other carry guns. So, it's still sitting in my safe, likely waiting on a new home.

Tim

"Very well then. Carry on." -Para

Posts: 1685 | Location: The Land of the Free! | Registered: February 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Daily carry my P220 compact

Posts: 6 | Location: Cape Cod, Ma | Registered: October 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I agree that it really has no place these days and think the idea that it's the stereotypical late 90s carry offering is spot on.

That said, I have most all of the pre-2000s main P series lineup except the 245 and 239.

I'd actually want a 245, if really for nostalgia. I remember shooting one a few times back then--probably some forum member's gun--and I recall it feeling very nice in the hand.

The gun reminds me of an era when I spent lots of time in gun shops shooting the shit with people and fondling guns, but didn't own many of my own.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a 220 compact that I carried daily in an R. Grizzle Town & Country without any issue, I would swap between that and a Ruger SP101. Eventually I sold them in favor of ambidextrous guns since I'm left-handed.

Posts: 236 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
I picked up a P245 about a year ago...love it. It’s a nice, small .45. Heavy? Yeah...but that doesn’t bother me, and it takes P220 mags as reloads

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post