SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19 GEN4 slide damaged.** Solution just posted 8/14 ** thanks Thumper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19 GEN4 slide damaged.** Solution just posted 8/14 ** thanks Thumper Login/Join 
Picture of qcsmitty
posted
My son's Gen4 G19 was mishandled by someone (sad story), resulting in the slide being rendered inoperative. Does Glock ever offer any credit toward a replacement in cases like this?

He only needs a stripped slide. Is my best option to post a WTB here in the classifieds?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: qcsmitty,

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Don't know about Glock offering credit or some such, but factory slides shouldn't be hard to find and, probably even easier, any number of aftermarket slides.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I don't know about about Glock but lots of people are buying custom slides for their Glocks these days so factory ones are selling pretty reasonably on gun classifieds. I've seen a lot on AR15.com

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Hey Oat Jinx buy me a Coke

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What did they do to it, to render it inoperable? Those things can take a beating.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Maybe somebody did a "drop test"... Razz

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
same ? what makes it inoperable? bad rmr milling job?

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
What did they do to it, to render it inoperable? Those things can take a beating.

Suffice to say, it was dropped on concrete on the muzzle.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Maybe somebody did a "drop test"... Razz

I like your sense of humor.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qcsmitty:
quote:

Was the round tab where the RSA sits bent? That happened to a Glock 19 at work. When it was brought to me the story was basically "nobody knows how this happened. It was in the safe that way"

Right.

In any event I sent the entire gun back to Glock. They replaced the slide and RSA. $180. Of course, 8 don't know if that is special LE Agency pricing or not.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
quote:
quote:

Was the round tab where the RSA sits bent? That happened to a Glock 19 at work. When it was brought to me the story was basically "nobody knows how this happened. It was in the safe that way"

Right.

In any event I sent the entire gun back to Glock. They replaced the slide and RSA. $180. Of course, 8 don't know if that is special LE Agency pricing or not.

This would be a good solution. My son was planning on calling Glock on Monday. Thanks.

Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
My son's Gen4 G19 was mishandled by someone (sad story), resulting in the slide being rendered inoperative. Does Glock ever offer any credit toward a replacement in cases like this?
Why would you expect a company to cover the cost of someone damaging the product through "mishandling?"

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
quote:
quote:

Right.

Thumper, my son called Glock this morning and will receive a complete new slide for $180 in exchange for the damaged slide.

Outstanding gesture on Glock's part.