SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19 GEN4 slide damaged.** Solution just posted 8/14 ** thanks Thumper

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19 GEN4 slide damaged.** Solution just posted 8/14 ** thanks Thumper Login/Join 
Picture of qcsmitty
posted
My son's Gen4 G19 was mishandled by someone (sad story), resulting in the slide being rendered inoperative. Does Glock ever offer any credit toward a replacement in cases like this?

He only needs a stripped slide. Is my best option to post a WTB here in the classifieds?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: qcsmitty,

Posts: 3720 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Don't know about Glock offering credit or some such, but factory slides shouldn't be hard to find and, probably even easier, any number of aftermarket slides.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 17656 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I don't know about about Glock but lots of people are buying custom slides for their Glocks these days so factory ones are selling pretty reasonably on gun classifieds. I've seen a lot on AR15.com

Posts: 11723 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Hey Oat Jinx buy me a Coke

Posts: 11723 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What did they do to it, to render it inoperable? Those things can take a beating.

Posts: 3764 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Maybe somebody did a "drop test"... Razz

It never ceases to amaze me where naive people think they're safe from harm. There is no way to predict when something bad is going to happen nor where it will occur.

Posts: 7778 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
same ? what makes it inoperable? bad rmr milling job?

Posts: 441 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
What did they do to it, to render it inoperable? Those things can take a beating.

Suffice to say, it was dropped on concrete on the muzzle.

Posts: 3720 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nipper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Maybe somebody did a "drop test"... Razz

I like your sense of humor.

Posts: 3962 | Location: Northeast | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
Picture of thumperfbc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qcsmitty:
quote:

Was the round tab where the RSA sits bent? That happened to a Glock 19 at work. When it was brought to me the story was basically "nobody knows how this happened. It was in the safe that way"

Right.

In any event I sent the entire gun back to Glock. They replaced the slide and RSA. $180. Of course, 8 don't know if that is special LE Agency pricing or not.

Posts: 4744 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
quote:
quote:

Was the round tab where the RSA sits bent? That happened to a Glock 19 at work. When it was brought to me the story was basically "nobody knows how this happened. It was in the safe that way"

Right.

In any event I sent the entire gun back to Glock. They replaced the slide and RSA. $180. Of course, 8 don't know if that is special LE Agency pricing or not.

This would be a good solution. My son was planning on calling Glock on Monday. Thanks.

Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
My son's Gen4 G19 was mishandled by someone (sad story), resulting in the slide being rendered inoperative. Does Glock ever offer any credit toward a replacement in cases like this?
Why would you expect a company to cover the cost of someone damaging the product through "mishandling?"

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 11902 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
quote:
quote:

Right.

Thumper, my son called Glock this morning and will receive a complete new slide for $180 in exchange for the damaged slide.

Outstanding gesture on Glock's part.