SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 slide for Holosun optic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 slide for Holosun optic Login/Join 
Picture of billinaz
posted
Ok, I have a "classic" P220.

I would like to put a Holosun optic on it.

My first choice is to buy a new slide that is already set up for that.

Second choice is buy a new slide and have it milled.

Third and least desirable choice is to have this slide milled.

Anyone have any insight or experience?

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only way you're going to find a slide that is already milled for a Holosun will be if it's one somebody had milled. While the overall quality of milling across the industry seems pretty good, you're always taking some risk buying something somebody else modded. Sending your own slide in to somebody for machining you at least maintain some recourse if they mess it up.

Anything factory (not sure if they even do them) would be set up for a Sig Romeo 1 (most likely) and not compatible with a Holosun (or RMR) without an adapter plate.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
I think it might be difficult to find someone willing to mill your existing slide. I'm no machinist but there is very little space between the top of the slide and the top of the pinned in breech block, not to mention the pins themselves.

If you find a complete top end that has already been milled more than likely it's going to be an all stainless slide with an integrated or built in breech (no removable block). If you do find one, try to make sure it will fit on your frame before you buy it because you have one of the (quite) old "spur hammer" P220s and it's possible a new(er) slide won't fit (I have no idea if it will fit or not, that's just a guess).

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In general I know of no one who will mill a folded slide. I can't think of a reason to buy an already milled SS slide as there are literally a million decisions that you should make on doing it and unless its some super bargain you probably should decide those. With a virgin new slide its pretty easy to get it done to exactly what you need/want. I've done a couple on the 220 just for fun (RMR though) and there is nothing particularly problematic about it other than the spring issue which people handle differently.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
Well, I just bought a police trade in Sig P220 DAK.

That billet slide is going to get milled.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: billinaz,

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post