SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig365 - not locking open on an empty magazine most of the time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig365 - not locking open on an empty magazine most of the time Login/Join 
posted
My new sig 365 has only locked back on an empty magazine about 10% of the time. Only about 200 rounds so far. Any fix, or will it improve with more rounds?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 1 | Location: midwest | Registered: July 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoot it left handed only for a bit and see if it locks back 100% of the time. If it does, it's your grip.

Also, what ammo are you using?
something hot or something weak?

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Every time that has happened to me has been because my thumb was riding on top of the slide release lever.

Also, be careful of your thumbs rubbing against the slide. It doesn't take much to slow the slide down to prevent the next round from being picked up.

Welcome to the forum!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pistol's tiny geometry seems to be more prone to people's fingers getting in the way of stuff. I cut my teeth on Glocks and learned a high, thumbs-forward grip. That grip has been a problem on several pistols.

Sig SP2020 for example I'll have failure to lock slide back EVERY time. That said, it hasn't happened to me yet on the P365. I DID have 2 failures to return to battery, which I'm thinking may have been due to my thumb touching the slide during cycling.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I have done most of my pistol shooting with Sigs, so I don't have failure to lock back problems with any of my P-series pistols. That being said, I did have it happen a few times with my 365 using my regular grip. I moved the pad of my strong hand thumb onto the base knuckle of my support hand thumb, and I have not had the problem since.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know I had that issue and it was my high thumbs. Same thing happens on my M&P2.0.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had that issue with my new Sig P320. In addition
it would short cycle occasionally and jam. The ammo was Blazer brass

The regional Sig rep made a visit to our club/range. I laid the facts on him and he took my pistol and two boxes of Sig ammo "out back". I watched him shoot a full box of Sig ammo without a malfunction.

He left me with a box of Sig ammo and I went through that, also without a malfunction.

The gun will still malfunction regularly with the Blazer ammo. I suspect the gun is "oversprung" for this ammo. The ammo will function properly in my P210A, my CZ, and my Beretta.

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post